NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Ha, so much for this tweet earlier this morning then:

Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals could hang on to Josh Harrison rather than trade him.

Harrison is a "favorite" of manager Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo and "has fans in Washington’s ownership group," as well, per Dougherty. The utility player is having a nice season at the plate and would make sense for just about any contender, but it would appear there's a good chance he'll stay put.

Nats being Nats again.  Front office is worst in league though Colorado's can give them a run.

I mean Josh Harrison is a 35 year old utility man next season on a team that has to rebuild from scratch.  Really? You  want to keep him but not try and extend Trea Turner.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Nats being Nats again.  Front office is worst in league though Colorado's can give them a run.

I mean Josh Harrison is a 35 year old utility man next season on a team that has to rebuild from scratch.  Really? You  want to keep him but not try and extend Trea Turner.

Yeah go figure with them...  I have given up trying to figure them out...

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well.  So much for that theory.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

I thought the Turner-Scherzer deal was bad, last night.  But, after seeing what the Twins pulled for Berrios, it was an absolute booty blasting of epic proportions.  The Nats should be embarrassed.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

All these updates on my phone sound like the check out isle at ShopRite with a cashier on cocaine 

And just when I don't have any REACTION clicks left today.  But this one definitely needs to be cited!  So ...  😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Phillies getting Ian Kennedy and Kyle Gibson

As a Kennedy owner, I actually don’t mind this at all.  Could continue closing games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Who forgot to remind the diamondbacks there’s a trade deadline today?

They must be hanging out with Colorado and SF.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

As a Kennedy owner, I actually don’t mind this at all.  Could continue closing games.

As a Kennedy owner in an AL Only redraft, I just threw stuff across the room. Lol! But I knew this was probably coming. 

3 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

And they gave up Pete Crowe Armstrong!!! LOLMETS 

Oh Mets are you trying to outdo the Nats in your division for stupidity?

At least my dynasty-owned Pete will now come up with a team that has an actual real medical staff in place.  So I like the trade myself.  He won't have to face "Broken arm?  Nay, just an ochie.  Don't think we need bother with an x-ray here.  Now get in there and play through it."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

As a Kennedy owner in an AL Only redraft, I just threw stuff across the room. Lol! But I knew this was probably coming. 

I've been carrying Joely and Patton for the last month knowing this was coming. Just hope it ends up being Patton

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I've been carrying Joely and Patton for the last month knowing this was coming. Just hope it ends up being Patton

Same - picked him up for a buck today.

2 minutes ago, dkatz said:

Same - picked him up for a buck today.

It won't be Patton...Dude had a 5.75 ERA / 1.40 WHIP career wise coming into this season. I would be astonished if it were him. Or if it is him, I expect it to be a very short leash.

If you've got an extra add....I would run and get Joe Barlow. Kid's looked great so far, and had great numbers in the minors (along with 21 saves)

• Thanks 1