NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

It won't be Patton...Dude had a 5.75 ERA / 1.40 WHIP career wise coming into this season. I would be astonished if it were him. Or if it is him, I expect it to be a very short leash.

If you've got an extra add....I would run and get Joe Barlow. Kid's looked great so far, and had great numbers in the minors (along with 21 saves)

I'd be equally astonished if they just handed it to a rookie with all of 7.2 innings under his belt. Patton has been good this season, albeit only 17 ip, but he's been good. I'd honestly expect them to try these guys out in different roles and see how they respond. I don't figure we'll see one or the other get defined roles anytime soon. 

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Hours ago..lol

I saw the trade of Berrios hours ago....I missed the part of who was going to the Twins....

Twins just made out like bandits....Quote me here.

This has the feeling of the Tatis Jr. and James Shields swap....

Toronto will look back in 3 years and say "WTF WERE WE THINKING"

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I saw the trade of Berrios hours ago....I missed the part of who was going to the Twins....

They are in “win now” mode and needed another solid starting pitcher to have any shot at this….damn the future!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CORTEz said:

Toronto has plenty of excellent bats and will have them three years from now.  They also have several good hitters down on their farm still.  What they need is pitching.  They are only a few games over .500 despite having arguably the best line-up in baseball.  Without pitching they will never be a real contender. 

This was a really good win-win trade for both sides.

• Like 1

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Toronto has plenty of excellent bats and will have them three years from now.  They also have several good hitters down on their farm still.  What they need is pitching.  They are only a few games over .500 despite having arguably the best line-up in baseball.  Without pitching they will never be a real contender. 

This was a really good win-win trade for both sides.

It was a DEFINITE win for the Twins. And a win "now" for TOR...I think in 2-3 years, TOR won't see this trade as a win though haha.