NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

Just now, RenegadeGM said:

Rockies are really going to lose Story for nothing?

Oh boy.

They will extend a 'qualifying offer' to him...thusly hurting his FA value and force him to make a tough decision. So they will get a comp pick. But yeah COL is possibly even more terribly run than ARZ...actually they are.

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

They will extend a 'qualifying offer' to him...thusly hurting his FA value and force him to make a tough decision. So they will get a comp pick. But yeah COL is possibly even more terribly run than ARZ...actually they are.

Yea, forgot about the comp pick. But wow.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wow Cubs have pretty much rebuilt their team in last two days.  Bart is the huge name obviously but I love me some LaMonte Wade Jr too.

Yeah have to begrudgingly give them some credit here. They took it down to the wire and got some pretty nice talent for guys they weren't bringing back. I still don't see them spending anytime soon, but the rebuild has def been aided last 2 days.

4 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

Rockies are really going to lose Story for nothing?

Oh boy.

Not for nothing. They’ll make him a qualifying offer and get a compensation pick at the end of the first round when he leaves. That might be comparable value to the prospect offers they were getting for a rental, don’t really know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

And currently Arizona isn't being run by anyone since the GM has taken leave to be with his very ill wife.

Colorado and the Nationals are the big losers in this deadline though I might have to throw in the Cardinals just for their rocking chair pick-ups of Happ and Lester.

Cubs did an excellent rebuild.  Minnesota and Texas got good gets back.  Toronto got what they needed for a pitcher and upgraded their bullpen too.

5 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Canario and killian are the actual return for Bryant. I don’t know how to post tweets

This sucks. I was legitimately fist pumping at the thought of Bart. F#$% fake news.

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Rich Rod gone

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

· 3m

Richard Rodriguez is walking out to left field to join the rest of the Pirates. Just received an ovation from a few teammates, including Sam Howard.

I read this as he’s not getting traded. Rejoined the team for the usual pregame warmups and players were clapping because he’s staying.

Haven’t seen confirmation either way though.

Just now, SpartyOn4 said:

I read this as he’s not getting traded. Rejoined the team for the usual pregame warmups and players were clapping because he’s staying.

Haven’t seen confirmation either way though.

I thought so too until I saw the beat writer post above that he's going to the padres.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Canario and killian are the actual return for Bryant. I don’t know how to post tweets

If that is true it makes more sense for SF for sure.  I mean SF did say Bart was off the table.  But as a LaMonte Wade Jr dynasty owner I was psyched for him to go to the Cubs and play in a hitter's ballpark with regular playing time guaranteed.

That makes me feel MUCH better about the trade for SF lol.  Getting the much needed right handed bat and someone who can play 3rd and all three OF spots.