NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah mea culpa on the Wade/Bart report....thought it looked legit, I am as bad as Bob Nightengale...shame

Nah, I mean...I won't lie its a disappointment, but at the end of the day, someone faked that and its nuts that people have nothing better to do. There were fake Twitter accounts proclaiming Bryant to Yankees and Dodgers today. Honestly, what is the point? Baseball isn't that important. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Nah, I mean...I won't lie its a disappointment, but at the end of the day, someone faked that and its nuts that people have nothing better to do. There were fake Twitter accounts proclaiming Bryant to Yankees and Dodgers today. Honestly, what is the point? Baseball isn't that important. 

Sad little people desperate for someone to care what they have to say, like all trolls.

Edited by Wieties

6 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Sports Edge Website Be Like:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-30-at-12-47-01-PM-co

No joke, I'm surprised this site didn't crash today. 

Thank you all for the props & I posted this on another thread.  For me, the posters on this forum are the go to source for getting the news into the different threads whether via posting links from team beat writers, national writers (Jeff Passan, Ken Rosenthal etc) or things posters heard on their team's pre or post game shows that other posters later confirm. The posters here are steps ahead of Rotoworld/ NBC. 

Thank you again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cyberer said:

Bryse Wilson and Ricky devito to pittsburgh

Hmmm Wilson has been a top Atlanta pitching prospect for some time but never seemed to do anything in the majors during short call-ups.  Maybe Pittsburgh is what he needs.  Run him out regularly and see if he can make it for real.

Some minor trades that might have been missed:

Jordan Luplow to TB (CLE gets intriguing P Peyton Battenfield)

Tony Watson back to SF

Jorge Soler to ATL

Michael Chavis to PIT for RP Austin Davis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

Tony Watson back to SF

Jorge Soler to ATL

ATL now has a 7 man outfield. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

Tony Watson back to SF

Jorge Soler to ATL

I wouldn't call Soler minor.  He had a breakout year then flounder this year but is getting hot again.

Yeah Austin Davis isn't Richard Rodriquez but then Michael Chavis has petered out so I guess this is more a roster clearing.  Maybe Chavis can get some regular playing time in Pittsburgh and find himself again.  But there was no room at the inn in Boston for him. 

So he avoids Worcester's AAA team for the Pirates who current are an AAA team too but at least he gets major league service time this way.  Good luck, Chavis.  Always reminded me of a Trot Nixon type with nice grit.  Hope he turns it around in coal country.

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I wouldn't call Soler minor.  He had a breakout year then flounder this year but is getting hot again.

Yeah Austin Davis isn't Richard Rodriquez but then Michael Chavis has petered out so I guess this is more a roster clearing.  Maybe Chavis can get some regular playing time in Pittsburgh and find himself again.  But there was no room at the inn in Boston for him. 

So he avoids Worcester's AAA team for the Pirates who current are an AAA team too but at least he gets major league service time this way.  Good luck, Chavis.  Always reminded me of a Trot Nixon type with nice grit.  Hope he turns it around in coal country.

Minor was a bad way to put it. Under the radar in the flurry before 4:00 was a better way to put it. That trade definitely got lost in the shuffle of Bryant, Baez etc.

Edited by RenegadeGM
typo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Soler has had one and a half good seasons and is in his 8th year in the league. He has a -1.2 WAR this season (one of the worst players in baseball) and will now have to play outfield where he is one of the worst in the league. Yes that is the definition of a very minor deal