NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

Just now, stay_woke said:

Soler has had one and a half good seasons and is in his 8th year in the league. He has a -1.2 WAR this season (one of the worst players in baseball) and will now have to play outfield where he is one of the worst in the league. Yes that is the definition of a very minor deal

Maybe he meant purely from a fantasy perspective?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Maybe he meant purely from a fantasy perspective?

Idk think that makes even less sense because without the DH he's even less valuable now and he was barely even worth rostering before the trade 

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Idk think that makes even less sense because without the DH he's even less valuable now and he was barely even worth rostering before the trade 

He has been on a tear of late - and now moves from a weak lineup in Kauffman to one of the best NL lineups in Truist.  If he keeps hitting anywhere remotely close to his recent level, he will play more often than not.

• Like 1

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Scouts holding tryouts in the parking lot hoping to fill some spots tonight.

*getting in car to park now

• Haha 2

Well the big reliever get for my Sox is:

Red Sox acquired RHP Hansel Robles from the Twins for RHP Alex Scherff.

This one came in right under the 4 p.m. ET trade deadline on Friday. Robles had struggled to a 4.91 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 43/24 K/BB ratio through 44 innings of work this season with Minnesota, but he has a lot of high-leverage experience -- including 10 saves in 2021 -- and should be a decent addition to the setup corps in Boston.

I was hoping they got Pineda from the Twins too because he has learned to finally hide his pine tar so well now even the umps can't find it this year.   😆

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

5 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

The irony of this isn't at all lost on me 😂

Screen-Shot-2021-07-30-at-2-06-49-PM.png

Seriously...  I have to fill my Nats starting lineup roster and just waiting and waiting and waiting...

1 minute ago, Ryno23 said:

I started the week with 4 Cubs on my team; ended it with zero.

This trade deadline was positively nuts.

You almost had the same experience as the actual Cubs

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, posty said:

Ha, so much for this tweet earlier this morning then:

Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals could hang on to Josh Harrison rather than trade him.

Harrison is a "favorite" of manager Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo and "has fans in Washington’s ownership group," as well, per Dougherty. The utility player is having a nice season at the plate and would make sense for just about any contender, but it would appear there's a good chance he'll stay put.

I guess they realized he is a utility player and who gives a sh**

56 minutes ago, cs3 said:

So did the Padres do anything? 

Or did they sit back and watch the 2 teams ahead of them get substantially better while doing basically nothing?

Adam Frazier, Jake Marisnick, and Daniel Hudson, baby! (Go Dodgers!)

Just now, Kaytwo said:

Adam Frazier, Jake Marisnick, and Daniel Hudson, baby! (Go Dodgers!)

I agree a pretty weird post - maybe he didn’t pay any attention to what happened over the past few days

31 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Oh you thought the trade deadline came and past???

Brewers say nope, and scoop up the Ax-Man...John Axford coming home!

That's an incredible story but you know it belongs in the Old Yeller thread and not a trade deadline blog. Dude was doing TV and radio work with the Jays but still hitting 98 on the radar gun, why not take a shot on an old familiar face! Who knows he could be lights out.