NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/1 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Anybody else lose 1 or 2 players a day lately?  Naylor on Sunday, Urquidy yesterday, Moran this week (confirmed fracture wrist), Dalbec hamstring, Rizzo bad back... All in the last 3-4 days

I lost more is a short stretch earlier in the season.  And with more serious injuries for the most part.  And I say that having 3 of the ones you named above so I think this is a minor bump in the road after I had all 10 IL slots filled in all 3 of my leagues earlier in the year.  (Still have one filled up but other two are slowly starting to empty just a little).

In other words players have been dropping like flies all season long.  Last 3 or 4 days isn't an oddity this season unfortunately.

And yes all these guys you mentioned need to be roistered in deeper leagues.  But just know you are not alone.  It is happening to all of us.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You really have to get over your phobia about rain.

LOL.  Bonilla gets a million dollar check in the mail every July 1st until he turns 72.  Wright was one of the most injured players in history.  Game, set and match to Bonilla.

A basic understanding of money and baseball says you're wrong.  You can make fun of the Wilpons for a lot of things but that deal isn't one of them  LOLMets isn't an argument, it's low effort and low iq trolling. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

A basic understanding of money and baseball says you're wrong.  You can make fun of the Wilpons for a lot of things but that deal isn't one of them  LOLMets isn't an argument, it's low effort and low iq trolling. 

At least the Mets are fully embracing it now!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7823541002

11 minutes ago, mks said:

see nothing anywhere right now

It was an early game. I was just scrolling through box scores and noticed. I can’t find anything either. Was wondering if any day dwellers watched the game and had any insight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

Anyone watching Framber?  Seems to be having control issues?

Alot of pitchers are losing control. No tacky.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

Hardly trolling.  Bonilla wins this argument until the year 2035.  Even the Mets are making fun of themselves this year which is FINALLY a healthy response to a dumb move instead of being in denial for years in the past.

This isn't a fanboy site.  I'm  an equal opportunity attacker of bad moves and ridiculous contracts.  Some of the worst of which were done by "my" team, Boston.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Luis Castillo went from being trash to having a no hit bid every time out there. 

Let’s give him an hour or two to cool off now

I'm digging all of these football scores after the substance crack down. I was getting bored with my pitchers having a 2.00 ERA. 5.50 ERA is the new ace!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I'm digging all of these football scores after the substance crack down. I was getting bored with my pitchers having a 2.00 ERA. 5.50 ERA is the new ace!!!!

Seriously. How’s that pace of play doing now, Rob?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

From a purely financial aspect Bonilla did quite well. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/01/bobby-bonilla-day-why-his-deal-with-the-mets-was-so-lucrative.html

• Thanks 1