NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 July Closer Thread

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Cleveland may sell Clase and/or Karinchak as well. If only one goes, it'll be nice to have the other.

Extremely unlikely. Those guys aren’t free agents until 2026. Cleveland loves its cost-controlled young players.

• Like 2

Like any trade, it depends on what you can get back. I doubt either Karinchak or Clase would be considered untouchable though. The point was moreso that the Indians are definitely sellers and not buyers.

10 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Like any trade, it depends on what you can get back. I doubt either Karinchak or Clase would be considered untouchable though. The point was moreso that the Indians are definitely sellers and not buyers.

I agree with Sparty that a trade of either is probably unlikely, but I also agree with you that Cleveland would be wise to listen to offers. I think the deadline is going to have more buyers than sellers of high end relievers (aside from Kimbrel) so Cleveland could potentially get a haul for Karinchak, who has fewer years of control than Clase. Young relievers have a pretty high attrition rate and Cleveland could stand to add a couple higher end hitting prospects in return. In the end probably nothing happens, but interesting to think about nonetheless.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, nlm said:

I think Miami wants Bender to take the job, but the chances they've tossed him so far have come up flat. But right now, I would guess he is the number one choice if and when Yimi gets dealt.

I've seen speculation on Bass taking it back as well.  He has been better lately.

8 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Did he decide to play baseball and finally say “to hell with the Packers” ??

Naw he's busy on the links. Big chrome soft guy.

Oh I get it. Rogers. Is there another Rodgers that's relevant? Fine fine I'll double check spelling next time. 

Edited by Zeezee

23 hours ago, meh2 said:

Clase is still a hold, imo. From June 1st to the ASB he was 22nd in k-bb% with a 11.77 k/9 and 1.38 bb/9. The guy consistently induces weak contact and groundballs, yet he’s giving up a .311 BABIP. I’ve watched a lot of his outings this year and have never seen someone give up as many infield hits and seeing eye singles. The home run to Lowrie last night really hurt, but Lowrie has been one of the hottest hitters in baseball over the last few weeks. I’m giving him a little more leash.

I've watched a lot of his outings and I agree with the infield hits part. It's completely wild. 

• Like 1