even the worst RP in baseball can luck into 3 outs every now and then

also, i'm 100% positive a monkey could manage his way to a few wins

Edited by GeorgeCostanza
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

further proof saves are a terrible fantasy cat

even the worst RP in baseball can luck into 3 outs every now and then

also, i'm 100% positive a monkey could manage his way to a few wins

I respectfully disagree, but monitoring saves is not for the faint hearted.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Reyes has no idea where the ball is going. 

Have a feeling he might have been using the sticky stuff and no longer has control.

9 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

spacer.png

Damnit. I knew this would be here this morning. I swear to everything holy too, I was going to post praise for David Bell for resisting the temptation to use Garrett in any save opportunities since Hembree's ascension. Well, it worked out for them yesterday. Just out of curiosity-does Amir want to be the closer because A)He really wants to help his team win games! or B)He realizes that saves translate to money in arbitration 🤔

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Damnit. I knew this would be here this morning. I swear to everything holy too, I was going to post praise for David Bell for resisting the temptation to use Garrett in any save opportunities since Hembree's ascension. Well, it worked out for them yesterday. Just out of curiosity-does Amir want to be the closer because A)He really wants to help his team win games! or B)He realizes that saves translate to money in arbitration 🤔

The answer is "B" for every single relief pitcher in baseball bar none.  Well money in FA for those with enough years in instead of arbitration.  And all of them are happy if that adds to "A" of course but all ball players are about the money just like all owners are.  Baseball is a business.

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The answer is "B" for every single relief pitcher in baseball bar none.  Well money in FA for those with enough years in instead of arbitration.  And all of them are happy if that adds to "A" of course but all ball players are about the money just like all owners are.  Baseball is a business.

I realize that, though its not 100% for all; frankly whatever players use for motivation is not my concern. Just in Garrett's case, there's definitely an air of "let me get mine f everyone else" that is especially selfish for a guy with his horrible results. No one wants to see him pitching the 9th, I strongly dislike him, lets move on. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

I realize that, though its not 100% for all; frankly whatever players use for motivation is not my concern. Just in Garrett's case, there's definitely an air of "let me get mine f everyone else" that is especially selfish for a guy with his horrible results. No one wants to see him pitching the 9th, I strongly dislike him, lets move on. 

I hate Amir Garrett (and question his motives) as much as the next guy, but the reality is he has a 2.45 ERA and 18Ks in 11 IPed over the last 30 days. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I hate Amir Garrett (and question his motives) as much as the next guy, but the reality is he has a 2.45 ERA and 18Ks in 11 IPed over the last 30 days. 

👀

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Stay far far away from O’s options

Tyler Wells is intriguing to me. He’s sporting a 28:1 k:bb ratio over his last 22.1 innings. Admittedly I’ve mostly ignored this bullpen all season but I’m not sure why he isn’t getting a look at closing.

12 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Tyler Wells is intriguing to me. He’s sporting a 28:1 k:bb ratio over his last 22.1 innings. Admittedly I’ve mostly ignored this bullpen all season but I’m not sure why he isn’t getting a look at closing.

Good call - I will revise my position if they decide to give him a look.

The Bard delivers a soliloquy of an inning to notch his 15th save of the year, gets the ERA under 4 for the season. Will he be dealt in the next week? I sure hope not, I have little to no interest in chasing the next guy in line there.

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

The Bard delivers a soliloquy of an inning to notch his 15th save of the year, gets the ERA under 4 for the season. Will he be dealt in the next week? I sure hope not, I have little to no interest in chasing the next guy in line there.

Wild Thing calls out to you in the night

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Wild Thing calls out to you in the night

He was actually released earlier today in my deep NL only league so I might just claim him as a stash for a few days, holds count in that league anyway so why not...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

He was actually released earlier today in my deep NL only league so I might just claim him as a stash for a few days, holds count in that league anyway so why not...

Yep good call

• Like 1