NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 July Closer Thread

22 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

The Bard delivers a soliloquy of an inning to notch his 15th save of the year, gets the ERA under 4 for the season. Will he be dealt in the next week? I sure hope not, I have little to no interest in chasing the next guy in line there.

Sounds like me as a Soria owner

15 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

I have no idea even who it would be for AZ...Noe Ramirez? Bukaskus? Yuck.

Another contender, Tyler Clippard was activated yesterday, and I'd immediately throw him at the top of the list for replacements in a Soria trade. He's as likely to be dealt himself, though with only a week to pitch, doesn't figure to draw much interest for $900k (remaining money on this year's deal.)

13 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Anthony Bender worked as an opener today after three straight 6th-inning appearances. Doesn’t seem like he’s in line to close anytime soon even if Yimi gets dealt.

He's definitely been working in lower leverage spots of late, and I'd be grabbing Floro at this point as the handcuff, totally agree, it changes that quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Who's the next guy up in the Rangers Pen if/when Kennedy gets Traded ? Josh Sborz ? 

Joely Rodriguez is a guy to keep an eye on.  I believe he has the most recent non-Kennedy Rangers save. 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

I know the orioles situation may be one to stay away from, but I have read multiple articles in the last day or so about Tyler Wells possibly getting a crack at the gig.  High strikeout rate and low WHIP.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

(7 mins ago) Wells was placed on the 10-day injured list with right wrist tendinitis Friday, retroactive to July 20, Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports.

Wells hadn't pitched since he struck out two in a scoreless inning against the Rays on Monday, and he's apparently dealing with a wrist injury. It's not yet clear whether the right-hander will be able to return after spending the minimum of 10 days on the IL.

• Like 1

1 week to go til the deadline. Place your bets: which of the following are no longer going to be closing on August 1st?

Ian Kennedy 

Ranger Suarez

Lou Trivino 

Kendall Graveman

Yimi Garcia 

Daniel Bard

Joakim Soria