NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 July Closer Thread

5 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

Seems that way plus Montoyo not the brightest bulb on the marquee.

Weirdly enough Romano has been better against lefties this year while Hand has been better against righties. Montoyo’s oversized cranium might explode trying to figure this one out.

• Haha 1

Starting to get vibes the pirates may keep rich rod. Seeing the “returns” for these other closers, and the fact that he’s under team control for 2 more years... idk it doesn’t make as much sense as all the pundits keep saying. 

obviously as a bednar owner in all my leagues I hope I’m wrong

Just now, jmoney23 said:

Sounds like Diego Castillo is heading to Seattle…Fairbanks the add or will it be Nick Anderson??

Makes no sense the Rays dealing their closer unless they plan to deal for another one.

1 minute ago, PinstripeGM said:

Is Castillo the add in Seattle?

Next question: are you in a league where Castillo can be added?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Next question: are you in a league where Castillo can be added?

Long day!! Missed the last statement on Passan's tweet :(  & no I'm not in a league where he's available. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

A: the one team that would trade for him where Kimbrel would not be the closer.

Me and my 0. Shares would like that. 

12 minutes ago, checkers said:

who's gonna close in TB? Fairbanks?

Fairbanks just went on IL. Nick Anderson is probably a week away. Kittredge has pitched well all season so he could be in the mix. All that adds up to a Tampa committee approach.

or maybe they just say f it and go get Kimbrel and deal some of their prospect capital and have the Cubs send money to stay within their budget.

Edited by meh2

9 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Fairbanks just went on IL. Nick Anderson is probably a week away. Kittredge has pitched well all season so he could be in the mix. All that adds up to a Tampa committee approach.

I'll take Anderson over the field in Tampa but yeah, still a committee. 

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Damnit I really was hoping Sewald was going to be given the job.

In the same boat with multiple shares. I feel like I have to keep holding to see how it plays out, but now that’s 1 less roster spot to use on the next potential waiver wire closer.

• Like 1

SAN DIEGO — The San Diego Padres have acquired right-handed pitcher Daniel Hudson from the Washington Nationals in exchange for right-hander Mason Thompson and shortstop Jordy Barley, President of Baseball Operations and General Manager A.J. Preller announced today.

https://padres.mlblogs.com/padres-acquire-rhp-daniel-hudson-from-nationals-789872b5ebea