NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 July Closer Thread

47 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

I was just watching MLB Network and Amsinger said all reports show that Kimbrell will close & Hendriks will set up!

4 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Heuer gonna close? Sbortz or Patton?

Can we dump we Ranger yet?

My money is on Joe Barlow.

He's the only Rangers RP who's actually been good this year, and he's had great numbers in the minors.

Sbortz feels like a no, Patton has a horrid history so I can't believe that he is suddenly going to be the closer.

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

My money is on Joe Barlow.

He's the only Rangers RP who's actually been good this year, and he's had great numbers in the minors.

Sbortz feels like a no, Patton has a horrid history so I can't believe that he is suddenly going to be the closer.

Patton has been solid this year, and hasn’t he been pitching later in games than Barlow?

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Patton has been solid this year, and hasn’t he been pitching later in games than Barlow?

He's been solid this year, both of them have closing experience in the minors. Barlow has been great (although sample size isn't huge). It'll be interesting to see who gets the first shot....it's between those 2.

A darkhorse in Texas may be Demarcus Evans.

In 2019 (remember no 2020 due to Covid) he had a 0.90 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 100 K's in 60 IP and 12 for 15 in save opportunities.

His numbers in the majors this season aren't good but it's a SSS.

Just a name to keep in mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaytwo said:

These are video game trades now. Jesus. Hendricks & Kimbrel is a ridiculous one two punch.

I hate it too.  Not good for baseball.  

• Haha 2

Rich Rod gone

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

· 3m

Richard Rodriguez is walking out to left field to join the rest of the Pirates. Just received an ovation from a few teammates, including Sam Howard.

• Like 1