NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Lopez ejected from the game after hitting Acuna with his very first pitch. 

Is there some bad blood between these two clubs that would lead to such a quick trigger finger from the umpire? Was he blatantly drilled?

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Is there some bad blood between these two clubs that would lead to such a quick trigger finger from the umpire? Was he blatantly drilled?

I can't recall any drama. It looked like Lopez was just trying to work the inside of the plate. Didn't look intentional at all. No wonder Mattingly blew a gasket. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

That’s one of the dumbest ejections I’ve ever seen. There’s a history with Jose Urena drilling Acuna intentionally because he’s bush league and weak and couldn’t get Acuna out, but there’s nothing between Acuna and Lopez. As a Lopez owner who was worried about him getting blown up in Atlanta 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Reds scorer is the worst in baseball no doubt. Rules a hit last night on the profar error that cost the Padres the game and now rules a hit against Sonny Gray after an obvious error by India. Every Sonny start I've watched this season an error has been ruled a hit against them and most of them from his own teams scorer

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

As a Lopez owner who was worried about him getting blown up in Atlanta 🤷‍♂️.

Yeah, same here. I started him but I'm not shedding any tears over the ejection.

• Like 1

Patino not looking so good, very jittery, all over the strike zone, made a throwing error on a ball back to the mound. Not an encouraging outing thus far, tough matchup but still he's overthrowing his fastball.

Mills is such a Jekyll/Hyde guy, he either dominates or has nothing, either alternating starts, or he'll have 2 good, 2 bad, 3 good, 3 bad. I can't ever trust him for fantasy. I'm also not sure what to make of these black caps the Cubbies are wearing, definitely weird but if they help us get a road W I'll take anything.

5 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Bauer placed on administrative leave.  A rare W for Manfred.  For those with him on fantasy teams, be prepared for the leave to extend past the normal 7 days.  With justification to the union they can do that like they did with Addison Russel 

guilty until proven innocent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Mills is such a Jekyll/Hyde guy, he either dominates or has nothing, either alternating starts, or he'll have 2 good, 2 bad, 3 good, 3 bad. I can't ever trust him for fantasy. I'm also not sure what to make of these black caps the Cubbies are wearing, definitely weird but if they help us get a road W I'll take anything.

The Reds completely forget how to hit everytime Sonny pitches. 1 hit against Alec Mills, hilarious 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Just give me a Kimbrel save today and I happy

48 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Schwarber holding his hammy oh no….

Injured hammy. Thats one way to stop him from hitting homers everyday.

3 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Manoah looking dominant.

Keeping a close eye on that pitch count, he could have a special night, this Rays team is not hitting right now. Vladdy just missed one, Kiermaier caught it with a little hop at the warning track. 

Posted (edited)

I should roster all of the Phillies late game relievers so I can understand what true hatred is. Rumor has it this guy owned several Phillies closers this season: 

download.jpeg-6.jpg

Edited by 2ndCitySox
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Would like to thank the Phils bullpen for blowing another Wheeler win

😡😡

Phillies starters are going to have to pitch complete games to get  wins. They already let wheeler go 114 pitches just because they can't trust their BP guys.

• Like 2

Decent start  by McCullers tonight - but very inefficient (94 pitches through 5, 5 hits 3BB).

I'm hoping he's done with that big lead - the win is nearly assured without Jose in there tonight.

Posted (edited)

Damnit I knew it was trouble when Votto came up against a reliever with 2 men on...2 run double, waste a great outing from Mills and now the Cubs are down 2-1.

Oh wow, Brad Miller did something. Easiest spot in the world, broke like an 0-23 slump in style. Maybe he'll get some PT now that Maton was sent down today. 

EDIT: The ball didn't go out but maybe he'll get to keep the 3 R HR if they're really nice...awww too bad

Edited by Richard Kimble

11 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Decent start  by McCullers tonight - but very inefficient (94 pitches through 5, 5 hits 3BB).

I'm hoping he's done with that big lead - the win is nearly assured without Jose in there tonight.

Yes yes yes - they trot him out for the 6th and he walks another batter allows another hit and now it's 6-3 after his reliever gives up the 3R HR.

Who could have seen this coming.

• Like 1