NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the HR club Hanser Alberto! I forget who it was who put together a list of guys without HRS yet, but some names have been ticked off that list in the past few days; Victor Robles and Jordy Mercer in Washington, now Alberto gets a bomb! Maybe it'll spread to teammate Nicky Lopez, who is now the current champ with over 200 homerless ABs. EDIT-How could I overlook David Fletcher and Elvis Andrus? 

Edited by Richard Kimble

19 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Welcome to the HR club Hanser Alberto! I forget who it was who put together a list of guys without HRS yet, but some names have been ticked off that list in the past few days; Victor Robles and Jordy Mercer in Washington, now Alberto gets a bomb! Maybe it'll spread to teammate Nicky Lopez, who is now the current champ with over 200 homerless ABs. EDIT-How could I overlook David Fletcher and Elvis Andrus? 

I feel like Juan Soto is on that list.

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Tyler O'neill injured after taking a fastball off the hand. That brings an end to my longest run without a player getting injured this season at 5 days

image.jpeg.7d17274ef62a36f1784378cbb36cc8f5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Tyler O'neill injured after taking a fastball off the hand. That brings an end to my longest run without a player getting injured this season at 5 days

How is it that every single day we get 6-8 random players going down with a injury?

What baffles me about Gallen is that he has a 10% career walk rate, yet every article I’ve ever seen on him raves about his incredible control, and some even compare him to Greg Maddux. I’m pretty sure CBS will call this a “rare lapse of command” for him like they did the last 10 times he walked everybody.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Are those runs gonna count against Logan Gilbert?

One is. I think both should be unearned, but at least they took something off. He doubled his pitch count that inning. His strategy of throwing meatballs down the middle is working surprisingly well.

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Wood looking like a bad start. 

So you posted this with his current line...3.2 IP, 7 Ks, up 3-2 in a game against the DBacks and facing the opposing pitcher with the bases loaded....he got out of it...oh what little faith you have! If anyone owned him and sat him for this game, you have serious trust issues.

• Like 1