NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jake Burger 2021 Outlook

Searched and didn't see a thread. Apologies if I missed one.

Getting called up to the White Sox. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/white-soxs-jake-burger-likely-headed-to-chicago/

In 185 ABs in AAA has a slash of .322/.368/.596, an ISO of .275. Missed 2018-2019 due to injury and 2020 due to covid. Drafted at 11 overall by Chicago in 2017.

Worth an add in deep leagues/deeper dynasty IMO.

• Like 2

Snagged him for my dynasty team after he was drafted and held onto hope his injuries wouldn't keep him out of the bigs.  This is great news.  

Side note - I also have Seth Beer to go along with Jake Burger. Not a coincidence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, valdy34 said:

Snagged him for my dynasty team after he was drafted and held onto hope his injuries wouldn't keep him out of the bigs.  This is great news.  

Side note - I also have Seth Beer to go along with Jake Burger. Not a coincidence. 

Need Jace Fry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/2/2021 at 4:36 PM, valdy34 said:

You can Fry🍳 some Bass with your 🍔, drink a 🍺 without too much Head on it, and finish up with some Dillon Tate-o chips and some 'Haase 'n' Diaz' ice cream 🍦

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

You can Fry🍳 some Bass with your 🍔, drink a 🍺 without too much Head on it, and finish up with some Dillon Tate-o chips and some 'Haase 'n' Diaz' ice cream 🍦

I just want you all to know that I love you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

No Oscar Colas?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Trout for the appetizer 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

In Flint there used to be a record store called Rocka Rolla that had a drive thru window. One time I ordered a Fleetwood Mac, a Glenn Frey and an Iggy Pop - even though I really only wanted the Pop.

• Thanks 1

Notes from when he was drafted

Deemed an offense-first sort of player, Burger batted .328 with 13 doubles, 22 home runs, 65 RBIs, 69 runs scored, three stolen bases, 43 walks, a .443 on-base percentage and .648 slugging percentage in 63 games for No. 22 Missouri State this season. He finished second in NCAA Division I with 21 home runs in '16.

Then he ruptured his Achilles, twice, in 2018. Heal injury kept him out of 2019. Covid hit during 2020. I thought he was in the top 5 for total hits in aaa before he was promoted. His stay in the majors may be short once Moncada is healthy so this could be a preview for other teams as a trade chip. If he can keep the strike out rate reasonable AND stay healthy than maybe something like 260/330/470? 

• 2 weeks later...