NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vidal Brujan 2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

Oh I didn’t see that he was called back up. Ok then. Sell in my weekly, keep in my daily, got it. 

maybe in H2H, but roto leagues even if he sits now and then the SB are valuable AF

3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Makes zero effin sense.  I know, Rays and all.  But, wtf was the point of calling him up?  To sit him behind Walls and Kiermaier?  Wander is sitting too.

Do not question the almighty Rays!!

• Like 3

On 7/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, mavsfan23 said:

I think overrated.... 

I think that’s perfectly acceptable. I would just prefer some facts or data to back it up. It’s extremely easy to make comments like this. Overrated this year? As a long term prospect? What don’t you like?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I think that’s perfectly acceptable. I would just prefer some facts or data to back it up. It’s extremely easy to make comments like this. Overrated this year? As a long term prospect? What don’t you like?

It's been mentioned in the thread already but he struggles a lot vs lefties, and is on a platooning machine of a team. The average at AA/AAA is sketchy, although he has been fairly young for the level, you can expect that to drop with the call up. Also gets caught stealing a bit much, and that also usually gets worse once called up. I don't think he's gonna be useless or anything, but I def think he's overrated in that some places have him as a top 20 and even top 10 prospect. I think the steamer/zips zone of projections is about right at 245/300/350ish line with around 10 SB's the rest of the year, with a chance of needing more time in AAA and being nowhere near that. I've been wrong before, but there's a strong possibility of a platoon guy that isn't efficient on the bases. 

• Like 2

Its very hard to know how it shakes out with only this few games of a sample before the break, but I for one completely expected the arrival of Brujan to make things messy for fantasy purposes. Owners of Wendle, Wander, Lowe, etc., all effected by the Rays strong inclination towards playing platoons.

Maybe Walls gets out of the way pretty quickly after the break to loosen up some at-bats, but look at how much first half PT they gave to strikeout artist Brett Phillips, and the outfield is the strongest part of the offense that doesn't really need platooning. Its going to be murky here for a bit, and that was an unpopular opinion because there is always some upside if things click right away. Don't drop Adames or India to get him though, or Jazz, those were two bench coach questions I saw. Take the clear path to PT over the mysterious upside, for my money. We've seen rookies struggle so far, and he's going to need everyday ABs to get in a groove for managers, but maybe he'll crack a HR tomorrow and give us a good vibe heading into the break.

Ozzie Albies with speed, but won’t be massively productive this year because the Rays are too smart to stick a rookie out there and just let him roll (unless he is generational like wander).  Dynasty and Keepers should hodl for sure.  Profiles as a monster fantasy contributor, and will be in a really good lineup for a long time hitting in the #1 spot in front of Wander.

3 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

Batting 6th and starting RF.  OF eligibility could be big for those of us that lost lacuna.  At least in terms of SBs

I don’t want to be Debbie Downer but Margot is due back in 2 weeks. Unless he catches fire soon I don’t think it’ll matter if he gets OF eligibility. The timing of the all star break isn’t doing him (or us fantasy owners) any favors.

• Like 1

Not to make excuses for him but get him in there against some RHP like yesterday.  Looking at his minor league numbers he looks like a far better overall hitter as a lefty.  Ray was the second coming of Sandy Koufax today so it didn't matter who was at the plate but I would like to see them get Brujan some lefty ABs.

This is if they plan to platoon him of course.  

Edited by knifeparty

Honestly, if you play in a league that puts less weight on stolen bases an argument can easily be made that he is droppable. Its just so hard to roster these Rays players that play 3 times a week. With Margot coming back the picture gets even cloudier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I've never seen so many babies in one thread before....Have some damn patience and stop bumping this thread with negativity. 

This forum would be absolutely worthless if it was all positivity...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1