Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vidal Brujan 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, Goatstain3 said:

Makes zero effin sense.  I know, Rays and all.  But, wtf was the point of calling him up?  To sit him behind Walls and Kiermaier?  Wander is sitting too.

Kevin Cash has to remind everybody that he's the smartest man in the building. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Brujan owners will get about two more weeks of data to see if he's worth the hold. Here's hoping that Cash plays him more than twice within those two weeks...

The Rays don't anticipate that Margot (hamstring) will be ready to return from the 10-day injured list until at least the team's July 27 to 29 series with the Yankees, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Spin:While manager Kevin Cash said that Margot is "doing better" in his recovery from the left hamstring strain he sustained July 5, the outfielder will need more than the minimum 10 days to fully heal. Margot's ongoing absence should help open up more playing time in the outfield for Kevin Kiermaier and Brett Phillips.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Looks like Brujan owners will get about two more weeks of data to see if he's worth the hold. Here's hoping that Cash plays him more than twice within those two weeks...

The Rays don't anticipate that Margot (hamstring) will be ready to return from the 10-day injured list until at least the team's July 27 to 29 series with the Yankees, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Spin:While manager Kevin Cash said that Margot is "doing better" in his recovery from the left hamstring strain he sustained July 5, the outfielder will need more than the minimum 10 days to fully heal. Margot's ongoing absence should help open up more playing time in the outfield for Kevin Kiermaier and Brett Phillips.

HAVE to make sure Brett Phillips and Keirmaier get more playing time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The Rays are 53-37 and only 1.5 games behind the Red Sox, so the Rays aren't going to change their identify and compromise their formula for winning. If Bru wants to be in the line up then he needs to play like it. Dude is hitting .111 right now.

He's played in one 9 inning game.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brett Phillips is on a 3 WAR pace if given everyday playing time.  He has 94th percentile outs OF jump and 98th percentile OAA.   He’s one of the best defenders in the league and plays all 3 OF positions.  He’s also one of the best base runners in the league.   The Rays are very defense oriented so it’s not surprising they like Phillips so much.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

This is getting annoying. How can we own a player who doesn't start?! Not in the lineup again. 

"I will not own Tampa rays....I will not own Tampa rays....I will ...."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kevin Cash is so smart he must know Brujan is going to be a career bench bat and has him getting his reps in now at the MLB level.  Thank you Kevin "The Wise" Cash for saving us owners the trouble of owning Brujan this year or in any future years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, swingbatter said:

it was a fun ride guys, but I had to cut bait on a guy who plays once a week.  my league has a very short bench. so, you're welcome if he goes off next week.  

Same here. It's laughable they called him up to sit this much, or not even get him in the game in later innings. He'd be better off ripening more in triple A then riding the pine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, swingbatter said:

it was a fun ride guys, but I had to cut bait on a guy who plays once a week.  my league has a very short bench. so, you're welcome if he goes off next week.  

I bid 14% of my FAB and lost him by $4. I was pretty pissed. Not so much now . He's not even getting a real shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, Flyman75 said:

Kevin Cash has to remind everybody that he's the smartest man in the building.

Maybe in a reverse universe, he did it. But here....

Minor league data says Brujan is not good (yet) vs LHP. So far this "genius" had him:
face RHP Mejia
face LHP Hentges
sit vs. RHP Manoah
sit vs. RHP Stripling
face LHP Robbie Ray
sit vs. RHP Morton
sit vs. LHP Fried

Well maybe it's just me, but WHY make him face lefties, and sit vs RHP?

and more lefties on tap:
LHP Smyly
RHP Watkins
LHP Means

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...