NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vidal Brujan 2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, kwelch said:

You mean games started? I see him with 8 games.

There's always one nitpicker. Sure, if you want to consider the 3-4 pitches he sees at the end of each ballgame as an entire game played by all means. That's what the stat sheets say so that's the law!

• Like 1

Just now, collucho said:

There's always one nitpicker. Sure, if you want to consider the 3-4 pitches he sees at the end of each ballgame as an entire game played by all means. That's what the stat sheets say so that's the law!

I wasn't fighting it. I was honestly asking a question.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, collucho said:

Raw is the law!!! He should be in triple AAA, give some other super talented OF the DH role and see what he has.

This year in the minors in 57 games Brujan hit .190 vs LHP and .279 vs RHP
In 2019 in 99 games he hit .202 vs LHP and .301 vs RHP

Yet Brujan sits every time there is a RHP on the mound, and in the lineup of course vs the LHP today too.
I think this HC is braindead.

4 minutes ago, JCD said:

Yet Brujan sits every time there is a RHP on the mound, and in the lineup of course vs the LHP today too.

He bats against LHP because the Rays are absolutely worthless against them with all their left handed bats that can only hit righties. 

18 minutes ago, JCD said:

Don't let the TB bootlickers see this comment!

It certainly is a weird way to break in a rookie I have to say.  Forget the fantasy aspect of it I just don't understand the logic of calling him up to almost strictly platoon from his less effective hitting side.  Now Brujan may not be ready and I do think that may be the case but talk about setting a kid up for failure.  I mean let's see him for 15 games straight and see if he can make adjustments to some early struggles.  Can't really make adjustments when you go 0'fer then sit the bench the next 2 days.  You don't allow this kid to get any rhythm for someone who has probably never sat the bench playing baseball his entire life.

Edited by knifeparty

This thread is the epitome of Heath Ledger's famous "Everyone starts losing their Minds" line in Dark Knight (everything he utters in that film is legendary). 

This was incredibly obvious, that playing time was going to be a thing initially. I'm not saying that some frustration isn't justified, but people's expectations are way too high. As for whether this is the "right way" to bring a rookie into the fold, there are a few positives that aren't being discussed. Just getting him comfortable with the spotlight and his teammates is important enough, I know that's kind of basic stuff but he figures to be a big part of the franchise for years to come. No need to put all the pressure on his shoulders in a playoff chase. It is definitely annoying from a fantasy perspective.

The bottom line is, for helping your fantasy team, there's a lot of uncertainty for Brujan this year. If you have him rostered, you're going to have to hope for an injury. On that front, a few minor items of note-they scratched Yandy Diaz yesterday, not sure if its DTD or more than that. They also sent Brosseau back to AAA, so at least Brujan won't have to contend for ABs with him. On the negative side, Taylor Walls has shown better of late, and unless there's another injury in the infield or they decide to rock Brujan in the OF (doubtful) his forecast remains cloudy.

Everyone Loses Their Minds | Know Your Meme

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Should be everyday lineup RoS…

LFG!!!

HIGHLY doubtful he is an everyday guy (0/5 today), Margot back eventually as well 

So Long Partner GIFs | Tenor

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

Let's be honest, he stunk it up.  However, most top prospects, play more regularly, than getting 5 starts in 10 games.  Also, at least in the minors, he had better numbers vs. RHP.  So, what do they do?  Start him exclusively, against lefties.  While it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference, they certainly didn't attempt to make the transition, a smooth one.