NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/18 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, collucho said:

Blue Jays going berserk. Gurriel Jr. grand slam, Vlad dinger, Springer dinger, Grichuk dinger all just once through the lineup.

Sad bichette and Teoscar noises 

3 hours ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Between games of the DHer I hope Nate Lowe orders a bucket of chicken from the Colonel and has a mild case of food poisoning but can’t play the 2nd game. Get well Nate. 

If Nate plays both game I’ll predict 0-6 with 3 BB.

Huh?  He was 1 for 2 with a walk in the first game.  .667 OBP for the day.  And against Ryu.  I'll take that any day.  Unfortunately it appears he is sitting out the second game as you wished which is a shame.

Lowe accounted for one of the Rangers' three hits against veteran left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu, who spun a seven-inning masterpiece at Sahlen Field on Sunday afternoon.   ...

(NBCSportsEDGE.com)

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

No, he (re: Wily Peralta) sucks. He’s faced 3 straight cold offenses. I hope he gets added across all my leagues.

He had a 2.08 ERA and a .088 WHIP for the year so far.  He improved upon it today.  I'll take that any day too.  Wish I could get him for my other two teams.  if he falls off the cliff well I have already gotten some great starts from him so why shouldn't I own him until then.  But "then" hasn't happened yet.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  He was 1 for 2 with a walk in the first game.  .667 OBP for the day.  And against Ryu.  I'll take that any day.  Unfortunately it appears he is sitting out the second game as you wished which is a shame.

He had a 2.08 ERA and a .088 WHIP for the year so far.  He improved upon it today.  I'll take that any day too.  Wish I could get him for my other two teams.  if he falls off the cliff well I have already gotten some great starts from him so why shouldn't I own him until then.  But "then" hasn't happened yet.

What are your projections for him rest of season?

Nothing grinds my gears more than a clown reliever allowing all inherited runners to score but making sure he gets out of the inning before his runners score.