NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Marsh 2021 Outlook

29 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Anything to see here? Must add?

Long term yes, but I think it's too early for him. Was slightly above average at AAA this year, but only 23. Probably gonna be a low avg, take some walks, a lot of K's, with a little power, if he's not sent back down quickly. 

Outside of Jared Walsh the Angels are barren of left-handed hitting thump. Marsh brings some of that and more, especially good athleticism and speed. If he gets on base and makes plays on the bases and in the field, I think the Angels will find a spot in the lineup for his lefty bat even after Trout returns.

I wouldnt look too much at his overall AAA season stats. He got a late start to the season because of a bum shoulder and then missed another six weeks with shoulder inflammation. He returned earlier this month and has been on fire. 

• Like 1

He’s power and speed with better contact skills than Adell. Shoulder injury held him back. He slots into everyday AB’s in a good offense. If he hits he likely sticks even after Trout gets back - if not he’s a cut and move on. 

• 1 month later...