NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Oh hell yeah!!

His ABs are all really good. I haven’t been as big on him as others in this thread, but he’s growing on my. I saw the strikeout rate but from the minors but he’s much better than that. Even in his Ks last night he was seeing 6 or so pitches. Much more patient than I was expecting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Stripling has completed BP - goes to the bench after 6ER and 1 out. The game can begin now.

Anthony Kay in to continue the BP session

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

His ABs are all really good. I haven’t been as big on him as others in this thread, but he’s growing on my. I saw the strikeout rate but from the minors but he’s much better than that. Even in his Ks last night he was seeing 6 or so pitches. Much more patient than I was expecting. 

One of the reasons they kept Duran longer than fans wanted is they wanted him to show more plate discipline.  When he did he got promoted.  Strikeout rates are works in progress.  Not a prediction of years to come.

8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I needed innings, and BOS looked mortal against NY - thought he had a chance tonight. 

That's my excuse.

Sox came out from NY pissed off at what happened to them.  Jays tonight were just their punching bag to take out their frustration.

18 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Well, thanks for losing me my matchup

I meant to make a post pre-game warning people about the matchup...Boston had murdered him already twice this year, I benched him and now might drop him for Duffy if I get the waiver claim through

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

I meant to make a post pre-game warning people about the matchup...Boston had murdered him already twice this year, I benched him and now might drop him for Duffy if I get the waiver claim through

I still believe in Stripling but this was terrible.  Ugh

15 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

One of those "phew" moments, I swapped him to the bench at the last minute despite the two-start week. But I didn't expect to put the "first guy to drop" tag on him minutes later. 

• Like 1

Here's where Pivetta takes a 12 run lead and barely makes it to 5 IP, gives up 4 ER. Already 3, including a Biggio bomb now. I know you want to throw strikes with a big lead, but this is why I can't trust him.

4 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

Who is Spenser Watkins and where did this come from? 🤷‍♂️

He was actually picked up and started in quite a few Yahoo leagues so congrats to those who won this round of Russian roulette.

• Like 1

Akil Baddoo is just a joy to watch. Should be talked about way more than he is - the way he battles in the box at 22 years old (as a rule 5 pick, no less) is just impressive.

2-run HR in his 2nd AB tonight against a guy that’s at least in the Cy Young discussion.

Works out of an 0-2 count to draw a walk in his 3rd AB.

Fights off a 1-2 offering from a lefty for a 2-run single in his 4th AB.

The Tigers have a table setter.

• Like 1