NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evaluating a trade in dynasty .... help

I am in a dynasty league that had its first year last season. I don't have much experience when it comes to trading, especially in dynasty when picks are included.

I was offered Damien Harris and 2022 third round pick for my Matthew Stafford. I have Akers (IR), and Allen, Herbert, Z.Wilson as my QBs. Obviously very young and very set at that position, especially in a 1QB league.

Does that trade make sense for me? Could I get more? I don't know.... haha.

1 hour ago, dsrich said:

I am in a dynasty league that had its first year last season. I don't have much experience when it comes to trading, especially in dynasty when picks are included.

I was offered Damien Harris and 2022 third round pick for my Matthew Stafford. I have Akers (IR), and Allen, Herbert, Z.Wilson as my QBs. Obviously very young and very set at that position, especially in a 1QB league.

Does that trade make sense for me? Could I get more? I don't know.... haha.

Even without knowing the specific details of your league, I would jump all over this deal. Since this is a 1QB league, with Allen and Herbert on your roster, you might never play Stafford at all. Harris could give you good numbers and helps fill in for the loss of Akers, so getting a replacement RB + a pick is a nice move for you. I would accept before the other manager changes their mind.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Corleone said:

Even without knowing the specific details of your league, I would jump all over this deal. Since this is a 1QB league, with Allen and Herbert on your roster, you might never play Stafford at all. Harris could give you good numbers and helps fill in for the loss of Akers, so getting a replacement RB + a pick is a nice move for you. I would accept before the other manager changes their mind.

Pretty much my thought. Trading makes complete sense, just a matter of what I’m looking for and I really have little experience trading as I said. Nothing fancy about the league either outside of some scoring tweaks here and there.

Was really looking forward to Akers this year. At least I have Henderson from last year, too! Ironically enough I think Stafford does great this season too.

• 2 weeks later...