NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Place for  trade rumors, fantasy strategy and everything else that does not go in player threads

I am curious what are your favorite punt strategies and why?  

Also, who will be next All-Star level player to change team?  I personally don't  think Lillard will get traded before the season starts.

Simmons will be

• Like 1

Lillard is a toss up. It might be more likely that CJ gets moved before him. Personally think they should swap him for Ingram.

I'd honestly be surprised if Beal and Myles Turner don't get moved. Sabonis will be in for a monster season next year if that happens. Should hit 1st round value if he gets his ft% even slightly up.

Fantasy wise I would like to see the Hornets move either PJ or Hayward to free up more minutes for Miles Bridges. Isn't his brother Mikal a free agent also? Wonder if the Suns can retain him and resign CP3.

No way the Warriors will keep Wiseman and their 2 lotto picks. They're still in win now mode. I bet they're the ones who land Myles Turner.

I don't think Kawhi stays a Clipper. 

Rumors are saying Toronto is trying to trade Siakam. They're morons if they do that. 

Will be real interesting to see where Derozan and Lowry end up. Personally think either way they're fantasy numbers should take a dip for sure, and that's without even knowing what team they'll be on. Derozan had a career high ast:to ratio last season finishing top 3 overall in that stat. No way he duplicates that again on a new roster.

Lots of other possible moves can be made but these are the ones I'm personally keeping an eye on fantasy wise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Fantasy wise I would like to see the Hornets move either PJ or Hayward to free up more minutes for Miles Bridges. Isn't his brother Mikal a free agent also? Wonder if the Suns can retain him and resign CP3.

They are not related at all.

I like Siakam, but  his best role on the team is  Robin not Batman. 

If he gets moved to GSW, that would be perfect fit for him. 

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Wow all this time I have thought they were brothers since they entered the league lol

It says a lot about the Pacers management when they believe Eric Gordon is the best option for a late lottery pick.  They are looking for someone who can help them now.  What about McDermott and McConnell?

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

It says a lot about the Pacers management when they believe Eric Gordon is the best option for a late lottery pick.  They are looking for someone who can help them now.  What about McDermott and McConnell?

That actually is not a bad deal.  Gordon is better than any rookie you can get at 13 and he can help now

If (more when) Turner is traded Gordon can start at SG or play 6th man.

starting 5 of Brogdon, Gordon, LeVert, Warren and Sabonis could score a lot of points.  Defense on the hand would be terrible 

50 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

That actually is not a bad deal.  Gordon is better than any rookie you can get at 13 and he can help now

If (more when) Turner is traded Gordon can start at SG or play 6th man.

starting 5 of Brogdon, Gordon, LeVert, Warren and Sabonis could score a lot of points.  Defense on the hand would be terrible 

Yea i actually really like the idea of Gordon in a 6th man role and think it's a great move for the Pacers. However if they're aiming for him to start in that starting lineup then its a terrible idea. My guess is they want him off the bench and they expect to get a wing player that can play PF in return for when they trade Myles away. 

Hornets seem to really need Myles real bad and rumors are they want him. Getting PJ and a pick for Myles wouldn't be too bad of a deal for both teams imo.

20 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I'd like to see Siakam moved too just for this reason. He's a Robin on a team that probably will not get a batman this year. Toronto's just a team that can't sign big name free agents so we need draft pieces/talent to develop and possibly do another Kawhi level trade for another shot at the championship.

Latest "traction" is that LAL is looking into Buddy Hield from SAC and possibly doing something close to a 1-for-1 Kuzma/Hield swap.

This is probably the most plausible and real "scenario" that I've heard thus far this offseason out of all the "laker rumors". 

A true "refresh" for both players. Hield hates Luke Walton and his usage, and Kuzma hates his role on the Lakers with LeBron and AD. A new change of scenery for both players.

Lakers get a great 3-point shooter in Hield....and SAC gets to unleash Kuzma fully to see what he has alongside Fox and Holmes.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

Idk how I feel about this deal for Jonas fantasy wise. His numbers per 36 over the last few years have been stellar, so if he gets the 28 mpg that Adams got with them last season one would think he will be doing just fine and will be a top 50 player again. Jonas obviously isn't the defender that Adams is though, so 28 mpg might be questionable for him. Another thing is that the Pelicans got plenty of offensive power on the team, so his ppg will take a hit. Either way this deal will probably make him a risky, but decent fantasy bargain for a second straight season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Jonas could be a sneaky value pick, his floor is top 75 imo

Pelicans dipped into their war chest of draft picks to upgrade at center with Valanciunas, who they "[prefer] as floor spacer at center over Adams," according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Jonas has shot pretty well from distance the past 2 seasons (36% average) although just on 148 total attempts over both seasons. But if he can push for close to 1 3ptm per game, it'll boost his value in NO. 

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

Latest "traction" is that LAL is looking into Buddy Hield from SAC and possibly doing something close to a 1-for-1 Kuzma/Hield swap.

This is probably the most plausible and real "scenario" that I've heard thus far this offseason out of all the "laker rumors". 

A true "refresh" for both players. Hield hates Luke Walton and his usage, and Kuzma hates his role on the Lakers with LeBron and AD. A new change of scenery for both players.

Lakers get a great 3-point shooter in Hield....and SAC gets to unleash Kuzma fully to see what he has alongside Fox and Holmes.

I like this trade scenario for both teams. Lakers needed better outside shooting/consistent scoring option at the 2. Kings can play Haliburton at the 2 full-time and Kuzma can play his more natural forward spot full-time with Barnes at the 4. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, Gile Pile said:

Giving up on Siakam after a bad season from one of his biggest supporters :( Raptors fans

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Giving up on Siakam after a bad season from one of his biggest supporters :( Raptors fans

I said: " IF he gets moved to GSW, that would be perfect fit for him.  ", I am not giving  up on him.   Reading skills on this forum...  😒

Ujiri   would trade  himself if that would make Raptors better, so Siakam (or anyone on Raptors) is on the table for the right offer

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

I said: " IF he gets moved to GSW, that would be perfect fit for him.  ", I am not giving  up on him.   Reading skills on this forum...  😒

Ujiri   would trade  himself if that would make Raptors better, so Siakam (or anyone on Raptors) is on the table for the right offer

Raptors won't get anyone better than Siakam in a trade, IF they move him. Drawing up a trade scenario of a player and saying not giving up on him ok lol

47 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Raptors won't get anyone better than Siakam in a trade, IF they move him. Drawing up a trade scenario of a player and saying not giving up on him ok lol

Again, reading skills are important

If you can point me to a trade scenario  I created that involves Siakam I would really appreciate  it

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Again, reading skills are important

If you can point me to a trade scenario  I created that involves Siakam I would really appreciate  it

If he gets moved to the Warriors, which would require a trade right and for who, Andrew Wiggins 😆