Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2021 NBA Offseason Thread


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

did det really reject sga and #6 this year for 1.1 this year? yikes if they did

Cade Cunningham looks like their pick, funny that they are already giving up on Killian after one season cut short by injuries (26 total games)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cade Cunningham looks like their pick, funny that they are already giving up on Killian after one season cut short by injuries (26 total games)

woj said detroit is still not sure on cade…they still deciding between jalen, mobley and him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

did det really reject sga and #6 this year for 1.1 this year? yikes if they did

Assuming Cade is as good as expected, it makes sense  to reject it.   SGA is 23 with  new contract (probably max) starting in 2022/23

Cade is 20, his age is better fit with the rest of the young core and he will be much cheaper on his rookie deal.

With SGA on the roster Pistons are still  few years away from being a playoff team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Assuming Cade is as good as expected, it makes sense  to reject it.   SGA is 23 with  new contract (probably max) starting in 2022/23

Cade is 20, his age is better fit with the rest of the young core and he will be much cheaper on his rookie deal.

With SGA on the roster Pistons are still  few years away from being a playoff team

its about value. first sga is already a budding superstar probably only luka is more valuable in terms of age and talent at the pg position maybe trae. just turned 23 two weeks ago. sga is a lock. and who ever is there at 6 barns, kuminga could have the highest ceiling and bouknight is a dark horse . ik, assuming cade is as good as expected but we could be looking back in a few years saying  how did the two g league guys green/kuminga  not go 1.

 

sga max contract shouldnt mean anything with the team they have.

i just want to know if this was really offered and rejected. i wonder if the plantar fasciitis of sga holds some impact on this offer

 

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, L3onD said:

woj said detroit is still not sure on cade…they still deciding between jalen, mobley and him

You think Detroit will come out and say who they'll pick before the draft, especially with trade offers coming in from teams? It doesn't make sense for Detroit to hold on to the number 1 pick if they aren't picking Cade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

i just want to know if this was really offered and rejected. i wonder if the plantar fasciitis of sga holds some impact on this offer

Didn't know that SGA has plantar fasciitis, usually it's older players that got that.   It  could be problematic if he has it at 23. In the long run   plantar fasciitis will probably   happen again and recovery time is 3-5 weeks (according to google)

Detroit  made correct decision imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

so since its a tear its shouldnt be chronic or what?

isnt all planar fascia a tear?

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/shai-gilgeous-alexander-injury-update-thunder-coach-says-guard-suffered-significant-tear-in-plantar-fascia/

 

found this. sounds worse The quick answer is plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the bands of tissue, and a tear is actually damage or small breaks in the fibers of the fascia plane.

 

https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/best-treatment-plantar-fascia-tear

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 11:56 PM, Gile Pile said:

That actually is not a bad deal.  Gordon is better than any rookie you can get at 13 and he can help now

If (more when) Turner is traded Gordon can start at SG or play 6th man.

starting 5 of Brogdon, Gordon, LeVert, Warren and Sabonis could score a lot of points.  Defense on the hand would be terrible 

The problem is Gordon has difficulty staying on the floor.  As does Warren.  I can see trading Lamb for Gordon to take a chance but trading for Gordon is not a needle mover.  It would just ensure a mid- to lower-tier finish in the East and allow the Pacers to continue their run on mediocrity.  They would be better to draft Kispert, Mitchell, Duarte, Moody or even Jalen Johnson. The only way for a small market team to strike gold is through the draft.  Of course, the Pacers recent draft record is abysmal.  

I would certainly prefer McDermott over Gordon at this stage in their careers. However, the Pacers are probably willing to overpay the later even though the former might be available for less money.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cade Cunningham looks like their pick, funny that they are already giving up on Killian after one season cut short by injuries (26 total games)

I am not sure they are giving up on him.  The Pistons are a pretty bad team.  I get that it is difficult to trade the #1 pick especially given the quality at the top of this trade.  However, this is a deep draft and they might still be able to get a quality player young player or two and maybe a lottery pick plus another future pick for their #1.  Cade will sell a lot of tickets and jerseys. It is a difficult decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, L3onD said:

woj said detroit is still not sure on cade…they still deciding between jalen, mobley and him

I doubt it will be Mobley since he didn't work out for them.  However, it is a toss up between Cade and Jalen.  Of course, they may be playing it close to the vest to work out a deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

so since its a tear its shouldnt be chronic or what?

isnt all planar fascia a tear?

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/shai-gilgeous-alexander-injury-update-thunder-coach-says-guard-suffered-significant-tear-in-plantar-fascia/

 

found this. sounds worse The quick answer is plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the bands of tissue, and a tear is actually damage or small breaks in the fibers of the fascia plane.

 

https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/best-treatment-plantar-fascia-tear

Yeah it's worse which is why OKC was pretty discreet about it during the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am not sure they are giving up on him.  The Pistons are a pretty bad team.  I get that it is difficult to trade the #1 pick especially given the quality at the top of this trade.  However, this is a deep draft and they might still be able to get a quality player young player or two and maybe a lottery pick plus another future pick for their #1.  Cade will sell a lot of tickets and jerseys. It is a difficult decision.

True they also may be angling to maybe trade down to take Jalen, draft day will be interesting. I like how Detroit is building the roster as of late. I think Hayes, Bey, and Stewart are good young pieces with Grant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I doubt it will be Mobley since he didn't work out for them.  However, it is a toss up between Cade and Jalen.  Of course, they may be playing it close to the vest to work out a deal.

I think the Cavs are interested in Mobley, they're trying desperately to move their PFs to create space (Love/Nance) to resign Allen and pair with Mobley possibly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

The problem is Gordon has difficulty staying on the floor.  As does Warren.  I can see trading Lamb for Gordon to take a chance but trading for Gordon is not a needle mover.  It would just ensure a mid- to lower-tier finish in the East and allow the Pacers to continue their run on mediocrity.  They would be better to draft Kispert, Mitchell, Duarte, Moody or even Jalen Johnson. The only way for a small market team to strike gold is through the draft.  Of course, the Pacers recent draft record is abysmal.  

I would certainly prefer McDermott over Gordon at this stage in their careers. However, the Pacers are probably willing to overpay the later even though the former might be available for less money.  

To make money work Lamb will have to be included in the deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

You think Detroit will come out and say who they'll pick before the draft, especially with trade offers coming in from teams? It doesn't make sense for Detroit to hold on to the number 1 pick if they aren't picking Cade. 

i just quoted what woj said…

i mean, its well documented teams do that stuff…so, yeah…they rejected the best offer they could possibly get for a n1 pick…they are going to pick cade forsure but arguably jalen green has a case for a n1 as well…and by the reports, dude rocked the rockets workout and scouts are amazed by his progress

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gary Trent looking for north of 20mil a year hahahahaha

Schroder looking for 150 even bigger joke

CP3 bout to look for 30-40mil as well, Lowry 3-year, 100mil deal (these are surefire deals regardless of their years)

but im out man…this is retarded, too much money thrown around definitely

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again, with the exception of Houston, Westbrook is placed on a roster not suited for his style. Not just him, the Lakers themselves need shooting / spacing around.

They're stockpiling their trash to get him though, so no issue really. But if or when they come up short, he's the perfect scapegoat. Which once again, its wrong. You're hard-pressed to find a player who gives it his all like him. Even though he do be stat-hunting occasionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Once again, with the exception of Houston, Westbrook is placed on a roster not suited for his style. Not just him, the Lakers themselves need shooting / spacing around.

They're stockpiling their trash to get him though, so no issue really. But if or when they come up short, he's the perfect scapegoat. Which once again, its wrong. You're hard-pressed to find a player who gives it his all like him. Even though he do be stat-hunting occasionally.

Westbrook as the 3rd star behind Bron & AD? He still attacks the rim violently, defends, obviously creates for teammates and rebounds. He’s not a perfect fit by any means but I don’t think most Laker fans will be upset after watching bum a$$ Schröder this year. At least with Westbrook you know you got a guy you can count on every night to bring it, he’s gonna pack a punch for the Lakers playing behind Bron and AD. Not a perfect fit by any means, this isn’t a great acquisition, but to move him for Kuz, Trezz, KCP and a 1st, I’ll take it. I hate seeing KCP go but the other pieces are worthless to this Lakers team as far as contending for a title go. Kuz and Trezz simply don’t fit and a late 1st round pick won’t have much of an impact on an older, veteran team chasing a chip. Not an A move by the Lakers but I’ll give it a B. I’m not gonna lie, I’m really interested to see how this works out. I don’t know if it’s gonna be good but it’s gonna be crazy to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

Westbrook as the 3rd star behind Bron & AD? He still attacks the rim violently, defends, obviously creates for teammates and rebounds. He’s not a perfect fit by any means but I don’t think most Laker fans will be upset after watching bum a$$ Schröder this year. At least with Westbrook you know you got a guy you can count on every night to bring it, he’s gonna pack a punch for the Lakers playing behind Bron and AD. Not a perfect fit by any means, this isn’t a great acquisition, but to move him for Kuz, Trezz, KCP and a 1st, I’ll take it. I hate seeing KCP go but the other pieces are worthless to this Lakers team as far as contending for a title go. Kuz and Trezz simply don’t fit and a late 1st round pick won’t have much of an impact on an older, veteran team chasing a chip. Not an A move by the Lakers but I’ll give it a B. I’m not gonna lie, I’m really interested to see how this works out. I don’t know if it’s gonna be good but it’s gonna be crazy to see.

I agree.  Some nights he might be the number one option given ADs inability to stay on the floor.  I believe the Lakers will be a fun team to watch when all three are healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...