NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2021 NBA Offseason Thread

On 7/29/2021 at 9:05 PM, Trench Mob said:

Bazemore is the most intriguing option out there imo for their price range and even he might not accept a min. Using that word "intriguing" as loosely as I can. 

Mhm... I stand corrected. And he'll might be in the starting line-up ( lol ).

40 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Good thoughts, but just a couple things, I think Rubio is insurance on Cleveland because they are looking to break up the Sexton / Garland pairing.

Fournier and Rose seem curious additions to Knicks because only one ball to go around.

If they trade Sexton and keep Rubio, then I like Rubio's value more next season. I still don't like Garland's value as the likely SG in that situation. As for Fournier, as much as Thibs likes running players into the ground he will have to monitor Rose's mins more than he would like to here on and out. That's why having Fournier will be great for them since he's a half decent scorer/shooter/playmaker.

32 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I have Sato starting with Devonte Graham.

Kira as the energizer 6th man.

I think Indiana runs it back with Turner and Brogdon (also heard in trade rumors).

Fournier had a crappy end of year with the Celtics hopefully he improves on a team with a ball dominant Randle and Rose.

I typed that before knowing Graham was traded to the Pelicans. Now I expect Graham to start with Sato and Kira off the bench. I think NAW will become the starting SG. 

Edited by jay_00

3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Love getting Dwight, Ellington and Ariza for the Lakers but losing KCP and now Caruso really hurts them. They hung their hat on defense the last couple years and now have lost their two best perimeter defenders. Caruso started out as meme but is actually a very good player. This is a HUGE loss for the Lakers. Really bummed out about that one, overshadows the happiness of getting Dwight, Ellington and Ariza.

I think the shooting of Ellington/Ariza/Bazemore and the defense of Ariza/Bazemore will balance out the losses of KCP and Caruso. Bazemore arguably is a better defender (defensive rating) throughout his career than both KCP and Caruso. Also, these three are gonna get so many open looks from LeBron/Westbrook/AD taking all the attention. All three former Lakers back in purp n gold :).

Edited by DezedandConfused

Luka Doncic had 20 points, eight rebounds and 11 assists as Slovenia beat Germany on Tuesday morning. 

He's now 17-0 with his national team and despite being the only NBA player on the roster, Slovenia looks like they'll have a decent chance at getting to the gold medal game despite this being their first Olympics. They'll face the winner of Italy-France in the semifinals.

THEY DISRESPECTED A GOAT VLATKO

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Who would the Heat send over?

Kendrick Nunn, Iguodala, and KZ 😅

And the Spurs will say thank you. Either that or lose him for nothing 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ohhh man , isssaa movie ! Bring that Larry O'Brien puppy home 

Probably bringing back THT and Dudley as well, still need a back-up pg (George Hill or RJax ). George Hill is more realistic. For the final spot maybe reunion with Danny Green or Iggy (between Warriors/Lakers). 

• Like 2

Derozen to the Bulls for Thad Young and picks, another player as well cant remember the tweet from Woj

FULL DEAL

3 years 85 mil for Dero to Bulls

Spurs get Thad, Aminu, 2025 1st rd pick and a couple 2nds

Edited by kmoore1521

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Spurs really picked Aminu/Thad Young over Markkanen. They traded DeRozan who couldn't shoot from distance for 2 guys that can't shoot from deep. Pop going senile. 

Pop in Tokyo.

46 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Probably bringing back THT and Dudley as well, still need a back-up pg (George Hill or RJax ). George Hill is more realistic. For the final spot maybe reunion with Danny Green or Iggy (between Warriors/Lakers). 

I would love RJax , rumors is he's headed to Beantown . THT is a RFA and we plan is to bring him back hopefully. Honestly George Hill or Danny would just be icing on the cake. 

We're not too shabby on ball handling , between Russ & Lebron . Now you throw in Malik Monk , who can handle the rock from time to time. 

• Thanks 1