Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2021 NBA Offseason Thread


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Spurs really picked Aminu/Thad Young over Markkanen. They traded DeRozan who couldn't shoot from distance for 2 guys that can't shoot from deep. Pop going senile. 

I think Spurs are finally going to commit to full rebuild and tanking. Next to be traded for picks or expiring: White, Jakob and Murray.

That would leave Spurs with the young core of Primo, Tre Jones, Vassell, Keldon Johnson Loonie Walker, Samanic. They are all 22 or younger.  If Zach  Collins is ever healthy, at 23 he can be  their starting C after Jakob is gone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Here we go. We know how that talk went last season.

If AD stayed healthy in the first round, CP3 would have been with Lakers now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

So, who is winning the title next year?  Imo, winner of the  Bucks -  Nets finals in the East  will win the title.

The team that stays the healthiest will win. Personally think if all teams stay healthy, I don't see how it would be anything else but a Nets vs Lakers finals. Nets don't have any real paint protection so I might have to side with the Lakers as much as I don't want to see them win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just surveying the fantasy landscape so far. These guys are gonna have a monstrous season coming up I think ( God forbid injuries ). 

 

* Jayson Tatum

* Fred VanVleet

*  Derrick White

*  LaMelo Ball

 

Mark them in a queue somewhere.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I think Spurs are finally going to commit to full rebuild and tanking. Next to be traded for picks or expiring: White, Jakob and Murray.

That would leave Spurs with the young core of Primo, Tre Jones, Vassell, Keldon Johnson Loonie Walker, Samanic. They are all 22 or younger.  If Zach  Collins is ever healthy, at 23 he can be  their starting C after Jakob is gone

It's looking that way but why not trade for Markkanen instead who's also on the same timeline with their young players and can shoot. Also, does this mean end of an era for Pop with the Spurs? I can't see him going through a full rebuild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Just surveying the fantasy landscape so far. These guys are gonna have a monstrous season coming up I think ( God forbid injuries ). 

 

* Jayson Tatum

* Fred VanVleet

*  Derrick White

*  LaMelo Ball

 

Mark them in a queue somewhere.

 

Tatum was drafted like 10-12th in the 1st round last season. FVV was a mid 2nd to early 3rd. It'll be interesting to see where White and LaMelo get drafted in leagues. White was a great efficient glue guy with 1-1-1 potential when healthy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's looking that way but why not trade for Markkanen instead who's also on the same timeline with their young players and can shoot. Also, does this mean end of an era for Pop with the Spurs? I can't see him going through a full rebuild.

Yes they setting the team up for Becky Hammon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Derozen to the Bulls for Thad Young and picks, another player as well cant remember the tweet from Woj

 

FULL DEAL

3 years 85 mil for Dero to Bulls

Spurs get Thad, Aminu, 2025 1st rd pick and a couple 2nds

 

This is really an awful trade for me. Wonder who will play the 4 spot and how their defense will look like? (This is for the Bulls) for SAS. We all knew that the Primo pick was indeed a start for a rebuild. If they would like to win now then they should have gotten someone like Duarte or Jones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tatum was drafted like 10-12th in the 1st round last season. FVV was a mid 2nd to early 3rd. It'll be interesting to see where White and LaMelo get drafted in leagues. White was a great efficient glue guy with 1-1-1 potential when healthy. 

looking at top 24 bbm rank per game there are only a couple spots open (kyrie thomas, turner, capela, gobert, porzingis, cp3, jrue)

you could make a case for/against almost all to be top 25 picks next season. i wont touch the bigs in the 2nd.

 

then you got players not ranked in the top 25 that will go in the top 25 forsure (ad, lbj, luka, trae?)

3rd rd will be stacked in no particular order (sga, lavine, mitchell, ball, jrue, cp3, morant, fox, zion, ingram, siakum, sabonis, porter jr, brown, julius randal )

booker, harris, middelton, og, holmes, cjm, anthony edwards ect. just stacked with talent

 

could see ball going 2/3 turn as he holds similar or better 9 cat value than almost all listed. basically 20/6/7 2 stocks 2.5 threes on 45% last year feb/march.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whiteside to the jazz to be Rudy's backup is hilarious. Remember all those years delusional Heat fans tryna convince people Whiteside was the best defensive player in the league. Now he's backing up the DPOTY on a minimum deal. Go figure. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Just surveying the fantasy landscape so far. These guys are gonna have a monstrous season coming up I think ( God forbid injuries ). 

 

* Jayson Tatum

* Fred VanVleet

*  Derrick White

*  LaMelo Ball

 

Mark them in a queue somewhere.

 

You like White more than Dejounte? Murray's really their only playmaker now with Derozan gone. He has a very good ast/to ratio, which bodes well now that his usage will absolutely climb higher. Obviously his turnovers will increase as well but I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up 19 ppg, 7 rebs, 7.5 asts while comfortably being under 3 turnovers a game. His threes is the only thing he really needs to work on, but his rebs, steals, and solid ast/to ratio should be great. Obviously White will be the better bargain though since his value will be 2-3 rounds later probably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DM45 said:

Whiteside to the jazz to be Rudy's backup is hilarious. Remember all those years delusional Heat fans tryna convince people Whiteside was the best defensive player in the league. Now he's backing up the DPOTY on a minimum deal. Go figure. 

Yeah but the man did get paid after being cut by the Kings in '12. He was playing in the YMCA before getting picked up by the Heat. He did have a season where he ranked 2nd in PER behind AD. But yeah the block stat is overrated when you're chasing the blocks instead of defending. Andre Drummond as well, a player who has started over 90% of his career games is backing up Joel Embiid on a 1 year deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

looking at top 24 bbm rank per game there are only a couple spots open (kyrie thomas, turner, capela, gobert, porzingis, cp3, jrue)

you could make a case for/against almost all to be top 25 picks next season. i wont touch the bigs in the 2nd.

Yeah no way I'm drafting KP in the 2nd round with all his missed games he was barely top 80. Bigs that will probably be drafted in the 2nd round (Bam, Gobert, Vucevic, Sabonis, Randle(?)) If KAT somehow falls to the 2nd round because of  hisconsecutive seasons of many missed games, he'll be a great value pick. Vooch was previously my favorite big to select towards the end of 2nd round-early 3rd but he may get picked  before now. Also, with the new look Bulls (Lonzo, DeRozan), he's probably not gonna see the same usage anymore sadly. It'll be interesting to see where Randle gets drafted. Also with the news there's a chance Kawhi misses next season from his partially torn ACL (full reconstruction surgery, 6-9 months estimated recovery), I can see PG13 being drafted late 1st - early 2nd in standard leagues. 

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/expectation-that-kawhi-leonard-could-miss-season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tatum was drafted like 10-12th in the 1st round last season. FVV was a mid 2nd to early 3rd. It'll be interesting to see where White and LaMelo get drafted in leagues. White was a great efficient glue guy with 1-1-1 potential when healthy. 

Last season was a season too early for both Tatum and FVV imo.

Celtics made all moves to fix their defense. They basically told him indirectly its his time. I think he's going to average 30 ppg with basically the same everywhere else. Now its the time to draft him around that area.

I have FVV between the 15 to 20 range.

Edited by Trench Mob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jay_00 said:

You like White more than Dejounte? Murray's really their only playmaker now with Derozan gone. He has a very good ast/to ratio, which bodes well now that his usage will absolutely climb higher. Obviously his turnovers will increase as well but I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up 19 ppg, 7 rebs, 7.5 asts while comfortably being under 3 turnovers a game. His threes is the only thing he really needs to work on, but his rebs, steals, and solid ast/to ratio should be great. Obviously White will be the better bargain though since his value will be 2-3 rounds later probably.

I know Dejounte hasn't been around long, but I feel like I've been waiting for him to breakout forever. White is just a better player to me and like you said will be cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Last season was a season too early for both Tatum and FVV imo.

Celtics made all moves to fix their defense. They basically told him indirectly its his time. I think he's going to average 30 ppg with basically the same everywhere else. Now its the time to draft him around that area.

I have FVV between the 15 to 20 range.

Tatum for 9-cat leagues was top 15 in averages, top 10 in total (this is including his missed games with Covid). FVV missed alot of games in a lost season for the Raptors. But on averages, FVV ranked top 15 as well in 9-cat, so I think they were both drafted in the right spots last season. But depending on league format/rules/settings, end of season rankings will be different. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...