NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/22 - GAME DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Go Vladdy Daddy!

15 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Ummm...the Blue Jays don't play today, so he'll be busy packing his bags for the trip up to Toronto 😂

Pack em well Vladdy! Rest up kid!!!! Be safe!!!! Love you! 

You too George! 

I've never loved a baseball team strictly for their players this much. Can't believe its another AL East team. 

26 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Ummm...the Blue Jays don't play today, so he'll be busy packing his bags for the trip up to Toronto 😂

9 minutes ago, collucho said:

Pack em well Vladdy! Rest up kid!!!! Be safe!!!! Love you! 

You too George! 

I've never loved a baseball team strictly for their players this much. Can't believe its another AL East team. 

Vlad is so good he hits HRs on his off days

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

Not watching the game, but is there a reason why Freddie never got an RBI? Error?

Reading the play by play on MLB.COM and it showed Ozzie with a double followed by Freddie’s single.  No errors anywhere in sight, so wondering if there is some mistake somewhere, looks like a cut and dry RBI

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Reading the play by play on MLB.COM and it showed Ozzie with a double followed by Freddie’s single.  No errors anywhere in sight, so wondering if there is some mistake somewhere, looks like a cut and dry RBI

Seen the same as well

19 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Not watching the game, but is there a reason why Freddie never got an RBI? Error?

Albies initially stopped at 3rd. Watch the video below…

Somebody please tell me to calm down about Tanner Houck.  Why are his numbers so mediocre in MiLB?  His motion is a right handed Sale and his slider is just as filthy with tight spin.  He's 6'5" and it works to his advantage.  Obviously trying to take it with a grain of salt here that the Yankees aren't exactly a patient, contact heavy team.  He looks the part so far.  Also I know this not the best yankee lineup and we'll see how he lasts the second (third?) time through the lineup.  Definitely has my attention today.

Any reason Zach Thompson didn't start today ? 

Last few days he was showing to be tonight's SP then today comes and someone else is starting. Yahoo isn't showing him starting any of the following games either. 

Dillon Maples just drilled Edmundo Sosa in the head...He did not know what planet he was on after the got hit, I mean he lost momentary consciousness I'm sure. Very very scary, this has started happening too much in baseball in recent years. Also I agree with the announcer, saying there is no way Sosa or any other player should ever be allowed to stay in the game after a HBP in the head. They need a rule in place to allow in-game concussion testing, if he wants to come back a few innings later, fine. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

Any reason Zach Thompson didn't start today ? 

Last few days he was showing to be tonight's SP then today comes and someone else is starting. Yahoo isn't showing him starting any of the following games either. 

Fantrax has him starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1