NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marquez Callaway 2021 Outlook

With Michael Thomas to miss part of season early; thoughts on his opportunity? He looked good when given the shot last year before year end injury. Tre’Quan Smith has still not “broken out” after many previous openings. Add in as Stash in 16 Teamer!

• Like 1

Just from my view as a fan, I like Callaway a lot more than TQS as our main wr. He looked good last year in his limited role, I think TQS will be a solid deep threat with Jameis. But Kamara, Trautman, and Callaway are the winners here 

43 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Just from my view as a fan, I like Callaway a lot more than TQS as our main wr. He looked good last year in his limited role, I think TQS will be a solid deep threat with Jameis. But Kamara, Trautman, and Callaway are the winners here 

Fully agree. TQS just has not developed/polished his route tree enough. Callaway can win off the line and make tough grabs in the intermediate area that are required in the SP offense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Just traded Cole Beasley in dynasty for him. 

Excellent move.

I had Callaway last year and the kid had some juice for sure. He's on the end of draft sleeper list this year for me and will definitely have some WR2 and flex worthy weeks 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is better than TreQuan Smith.

not sure how long people will try and make TreQuan a thing. Callaway seems like the better receiver to me.

Any Saints Fans “Who Dat Nation” input?!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, YoungDro said:

Planning on getting Callaway for a few bucks in an auction draft. He will at minimum have flex value and will more than likely be a solid WR2 for a number of weeks 

If Michael Thomas actually returns. Callaway might have value the entire season.

• Like 2

Just now, Silent-Trader said:

If Michael Thomas actually returns. Callaway might have value the entire season.

I sure hope it plays out that way. I've heard people compare MT's surgery to the AJ Green "injury" holdout and it wouldn't surprise me if it goes that way. I know there's been some positive MT news lately but he's got a lengthy return timetable and I wouldn't be surprised if he has "setbacks" or delays his return to just meet games played requirements for his contract 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...