NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/24 - GAME DAY THREAD

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, would looooooove to see Varsho in the lineup at 2:20pm for a fourth game in a row after adding him this morning. Hate scooping a catcher then seeing the X next to his name. They're playing a RHP, would love to see him in CF and moved up in the lineup. 

🤞

• Like 1

Scherzer no longer starting and I immediately thought it was because he was traded.  Apparently its triceps something or other.  

22 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

WONDERFUL..1st start for me since I traded for him and and arm issue now

🤮🤮🤮

same…traded trevor rogers for him who also hit the IL today so oh well.

50 minutes ago, uwguy98 said:

Scherzer no longer starting and I immediately thought it was because he was traded.  Apparently its triceps something or other.  

Reason #2,941 for the DH in the NL:

Max Scherzer is not starting on Saturday against the Orioles due to right triceps discomfort.

Scherzer has already undergone an MRI, and Nationals manager Davey Martinez told reporters it came back "extremely clean." The injury was picked up from swinging the bat and not throwing. The hope is that Scherzer -- who has been the subject of trade rumors with the deadline approaching -- can avoid the injured list and return in a few days. Jon Lester is starting in Scherzer's place. 

Source: Mark Zuckerman on Twitter            Jul 24, 2021, 4:26 PM ET

This could make the whole trade rumor stuff go sideways too.  Stupid NL rules.  Grow up and play real baseball.

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Eovaldi loses the shutout in the 8th then immediately gets pulled, should have been pulled before this OR leave him in to finish the 8th..ridiculous managing

And ottovino blows the win..simply incompetent managing

😡😡