NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, collucho said:

image.png.f95bbc867810b5a0aa3824c17c208f5e.png

Go Scherzer!...to another team.

They are saying that he will be traded today...  If there is a hint of truth to that, he won't pitch today...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

They are saying that he will be traded today...  If there is a hint of truth to that, he won't pitch today...

Doesn't mean he won't get pulled early during the game or last minute change as the game is still an hour away.

2 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

Doesn't mean he won't get pulled early during the game or last minute change as the game is still an hour away.

That is surprising to be honest...  Thank you for the information...

Does he say who will start game two by any chance?  Corbin?

5 minutes ago, posty said:

That is surprising to be honest...  Thank you for the information...

Does he say who will start game two by any chance?  Corbin?

Thanks & I agree that it's surprising, risky for sure.  Patrick Corbin confirmed in Game 2.

Edited by PinstripeGM

27 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Nelson Cruz is starting at 1B for the Rays today, interesting

That eligibility would be huge for me. 

image.png.2ecdb44c1a442c9518c000a75c7617b6.png

I'm not seeing it though.

Edited by collucho

41 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

Thanks & I agree that it's surprising, risky for sure.  Patrick Corbin confirmed in Game 2.

Thank you very much for the update...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, posty said:

1 hour ago, Michael Bluth said:

Max is starting. Doesn’t seem like the best idea

They said they did the same thing when Greinke got traded.  Teams wanted to see one more start and he was pulled after 5 innings.  That there is some thought that teams want to see if Max is healthy too.  Didn't he have some spasms or something last start?  I forget.  But that may be the real reason.

Interesting about Rizzo and Bryant both being out.  But the speculation that both will be traded by the deadline has seemed more like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.  Never seems to happen.  A lot of players are up for trade at the deadline and each year a lot are left hanging on their old teams who wait too long for a bigger return that never happens.  But maybe Lucy will actually hold the football today and one or both will be moved.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

33 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They said they did the same thing when Greinke got traded.  Teams wanted to see one more start and he was pulled after 5 innings.  That there is some thought that teams want to see if Max is healthy too.  Didn't he have some spasms or something last start?  I forget.  But that may be the real reason.

Interesting about Rizzo and Bryant both being out.  But the speculation that both will be traded by the deadline has seemed more like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.  Never seems to happen.  A lot of players are up for trade at the deadline and each year a lot are left hanging on their old teams who wait too long for a bigger return that never happens.  But maybe Lucy will actually hold the football today and one or both will be moved.

Planned day off. Coincidence? Manager speak? Who knows but I'm with you, Kris Bryant has been traded since before Spring Training if not sooner. 

• Haha 1