NBC Sports EDGE Forums

7/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

This is what the Yankees look like to the Rays at this point:Teacup Poodle

I mean, the Yanks were going for a sweep with Cole today, but, ok.

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Isn't this the second time they were going for a sweep against the Rays and Cole got absolutely bombed? I'm certain that it is. EDIT: Maybe it was a rubber game? The season is so long. Anyway, you know I'm especially hard on the Yankees, at least they're making the deadline interesting as usual. You've got to admit, when they lose a big game against a rival like TB or HOU, they lose it in memorable fashion.

Edited by Richard Kimble

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Isn't this the second time they were going for a sweep against the Rays and Cole got absolutely bombed? I'm certain that it is. EDIT: Maybe it was a rubber game? The season is so long. Anyway, you know I'm especially hard on the Yankees, at least they're making the deadline interesting as usual. You've got to admit, when they lose a big game against a rival like TB or HOU, they lose it in memorable fashion.

Cole in the regular season is 1-6 in 11 starts with a 4.45 ERA vs the Rays

Cole in the playoffs is 3-0 in 4 starts with a 1.67 ERA though

Interesting stuff

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Isn't this the second time they were going for a sweep against the Rays and Cole got absolutely bombed? I'm certain that it is.

I don’t share your certitude - the only other time he got bombed versus the Rays was June 3 in a non-sweep situation.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I don’t share your certitude - the only other time he got bombed versus the Rays was June 3 in a non-sweep situation.

Oh was it a 4 game set? OK I just looked at it the start of June and didn't see the May 31st game, I remember it was a crucial game, they were up 2-1 then

Edited by Richard Kimble

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Oh was it a 4 game set? OK I just looked at it the start of June and didn't see the May 31st game, I remember it was a crucial game, they were up 2-1 then

They typically suck profoundly against the Rays at the Trop - I guess I should just be happy we took two of three here 

6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Wander can't even get an RBI in a 14-0 game? For the love of god can someone please tell him he's not a switch hitter 

I think its very difficult for us to judge. It can become a lot of noise from the media, etc., surrounding this if he continues to struggle as a switch hitter. I'm not expecting him to abandon it at any point this year or next, and for 2021 my expectations were never that high. Its going to be a big part of whether he can break out next year and beyond; if he excels from both sides of the plate, then he is what we hope for.

6 minutes ago, silianrail said:

Rhys Hoskins was yanked, apparently he was seen limping. Waiting for official word. Fingers crossed.

Aaah! I thought it was because it's a 7 inning game and he won't be up again. This really sucks.

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Wander can't even get an RBI in a 14-0 game? For the love of god can someone please tell him he's not a switch hitter 

Which side do you want him to stop hitting from? Over the course of his whole professional career, he's been better batting lefty than righty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Which side do you want him to stop hitting from? Over the course of his whole professional career, he's been better batting lefty than righty.

I also was perplexed by this question.

18 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

He's been hopeless from the left side so far and been actually raking from the right hand side