NBC Sports EDGE Forums

8/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

Cedric Mullins is legit.  I have no idea how he flew under the radar as a prospect.

Started only batting left handed this season and his hitting LHP just about as good as RHP. 

35 minutes ago, mks said:

Is Chris Mullins a one yr wonder or is he actually going to be really good for a long time?

i mean cedric mullin. is this guy legit

• Haha 1

New Pirates reliever Nick Mears took a comebacker off the back of his leg from Kolten Wong, and needed a trainer visit before staying in the game. The home crowd Brewer fans gave him a little courtesy applause after he threw a warmup. 100 percent of the time he's going to throw over to first to cut down Wong's lead, and he did, causing Wong to smile after. The boos start to trickle in when he throws over again, and then rain down heavy when he throws over to 1st a 3rd consecutive time!  Then he pumps in a strike, and fires over again, hearing copious amount of boos now. He throws over two more times in the sequence but the 3-2 pitch gets away and Wong alertly took 3rd base. Funny sequence, won by Kolten Wong. Followed by a 3-run jam by Escobar. Tough night for Mears.

Edited by Richard Kimble

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Nuclear meltdown by Tony Disco..

7-1 lead in the 5th and can’t even qualify for the win after the implosion 

😡😡

that hurt

i turned the game off thinking we were going to get another easy W

maybe i'll get a save out of it

54 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Nuclear meltdown by Tony Disco..

7-1 lead in the 5th and can’t even qualify for the win after the implosion 

😡😡

amazing how todays pitchers can't even mange to pitch 5 innings every 5 or 6 days.