NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 HOF Game Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers

6 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Why is there a tribute to joe buck?  In all seriousness, im not watching the game

Apparently he was inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

Just turned this on a bit ago and I know it's only pre-season and the second half when nobodies mostly are playing, but this is one of the worst announced games I've seen in a LONG time. These idiots are blathering on and on with Lynch and not even announcing the game! Play after play after play and they don't even pretend to be paying ANY attention. Are you kidding me? Absolutely inexcusable; they should all be fired. 

The good news is it looks like I didn't miss a thing in the first half.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bomont said:

Play after play after play and they don't even pretend to be paying ANY attention.

This usually means there's nothing to pay attention to. They're professionals, and they know they can talk about paint drying and it will be more informative.

The HoF game is the biggest joke of the pre-season, which is already a joke in itself. If you get lined up in the HoF game, that's usually not a good sign for the season. 
I mean... check the HoF game 2019 and tell me how many of those are still in the game: https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401123243

Of course they're not paying attention.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sooooo is Claypool ok after the injury? Or is he out for the year?

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That means he's probably out for the season.

He knocked the wind out of himself. He’s fine. 

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

This usually means there's nothing to pay attention to. They're professionals, and they know they can talk about paint drying and it will be more informative.

The HoF game is the biggest joke of the pre-season, which is already a joke in itself. If you get lined up in the HoF game, that's usually not a good sign for the season. 
I mean... check the HoF game 2019 and tell me how many of those are still in the game: https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401123243

Of course they're not paying attention.

Well...Drew Lock...for now...

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

This usually means there's nothing to pay attention to. They're professionals,

We'll agree to disagree there. Not play calling the game in progress is hardly professional.

The HoF game is the biggest joke of the pre-season,

How is this any more or less of a joke than other pre-season games? Sorry, BS flag still waving. Although really, NFL BS flag waving too. NCAA football can't come quick enough for me... 

1 hour ago, bomont said:

How is this any more or less of a joke than other pre-season games?

Because in the pre-season games (which indeed are a joke) at least they usually play starters the first half of the first game, then move on to the second team, the guys they're not so sure about, and by the time the final pre-season game plays, it's the guys on the bubble.

The HoF game is just too early. It's an additional game the teams don't want, the players don't want it, and the coaches don't need it, so they play the guys they can afford to get hurt.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/8/1/20747039/nfl-hall-of-fame-game-starters-snap-count-history

The two teams tagged for the Hall of Fame Game aren’t only burdened with a fifth exhibition game, but they also have to suit up for a televised contest less than two weeks after opening training camp. That means the quality of play falls significantly lower than the game’s title would suggest. With blocking schemes still developing and unbalanced levels of offensive line performance up front, most teams opt to rest their starting quarterbacks entirely rather than risk injury in even a single series.

Ah well. Just a few more weeks.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bomont said:

Makes sense. Still, it's a foreboding signal that summer is in its twilight. ugh.

It's flying tho, like maybe it's because im in my 40s but time flies, the fact were almost halfway thru August is nuts. Fall is here before we will know it and the season will be over before we know it.

But as to above yea the hof game is easily the most useless game next to the pro bowl imo. Just wastes of time. But I mean I do enjoy it's significance that football is basically here.