NBC Sports Edge Forums

One month to go!

ssmarsh

Even though I have a double digit lead in my 10 team, AL-only roto, October can't come fast enough. Over the last month the 2nd place team has cut a 20+ point lead almost in half (he moved up while I stayed the same) and still has room to gain points. It won't likely be enough, but stranger things have happened and with September callups, who knows who will get days off here and there. After losing a title on the last day of the 2005 season, I don't count anyone out until the final out is recorded.

Anyone else feeling the September heat?

Im the one surging. Ive been hovering at 3rd/4th for most of the year, but just moved in to first 2 days ago. Ive got a commanding lead in HR, RBI, OBP, and ERA that Im not at all too worried about. What gave me the push was my increase in SBs, Ws, and K's after a couple trades. My lead is completely dependent on the success of my pitching......and Im getting pretty worried about my pitchers getting shut-down in September. Blackburn and Vazquez will keep pitching during the Twins/Sox playoff run, but Im more than worried about Felix, Greinke, and Meche (AL Only). If they get shut-down, Im F'ed.

Im the one surging. Ive been hovering at 3rd/4th for most of the year, but just moved in to first 2 days ago. Ive got a commanding lead in HR, RBI, OBP, and ERA that Im not at all too worried about. What gave me the push was my increase in SBs, Ws, and K's after a couple trades. My lead is completely dependent on the success of my pitching......and Im getting pretty worried about my pitchers getting shut-down in September. Blackburn and Vazquez will keep pitching during the Twins/Sox playoff run, but Im more than worried about Felix, Greinke, and Meche (AL Only). If they get shut-down, Im F'ed.

Same here, I've made up 17 out 18.5 points in the last month. Now, there at least 10 points I can make up / my competition can lose, so it's pretty much a dead heat. Can't ask for more after a really slow start and first half (see lineup below if you wonder how I could have been so far out of it before, and yet so close now. Another example of roto being the marathon, not the race, I suppose).

Gonna be a fun September either way.

My lead has remained fairly consistent for awhile--right around 7. I've held this lead for a HUGE chunk of the season and to lose it in the final month would be disastrous. 2nd, 3rd and 4th place are all jockeying for position so I'm hoping they can weigh each other down.

but Im more than worried about Felix, Greinke, and Meche (AL Only). If they get shut-down, Im F'ed.

What makes you think those guys will get shut down? I have all three as well and I'm not concerned one bit...

Felix - missed time with the ankle so he's just under 170 IP. Chance of shut down = 0%

Greinke - also under 170 IP (his high was 183 back in '05) and he's been pitching well lately. Chance of shut down = 1% (youth)

Meche - just under 180 IP (his had 216 last year). He's getting paid the big $$ to be their ace. Chance of shut down = 0%

Even though I have a double digit lead in my 10 team, AL-only roto, October can't come fast enough. Over the last month the 2nd place team has cut a 20+ point lead almost in half (he moved up while I stayed the same) and still has room to gain points. It won't likely be enough, but stranger things have happened and with September callups, who knows who will get days off here and there. After losing a title on the last day of the 2005 season, I don't count anyone out until the final out is recorded.

Anyone else feeling the September heat?

LOL, yes. I am hoping I can stay consistent and avoid injuries.

have been hovering around 1-3 the whole year. This last couple of weeks, its been a 2 man race, me and another person. Everyday it changes from who being 1st and 2nd because there is only a 2 point gap in between. I have lost a critical point ever since i traded howard and hamilton in rbis. My pitching is starting to turn it around and im doing pretty well spot starting pitchers. I really need rollins to step it up if i want to maintain first.

What makes you think those guys will get shut down? I have all three as well and I'm not concerned one bit...

Felix - missed time with the ankle so he's just under 170 IP. Chance of shut down = 0%

Greinke - also under 170 IP (his high was 183 back in '05) and he's been pitching well lately. Chance of shut down = 1% (youth)

Meche - just under 180 IP (his had 216 last year). He's getting paid the big $$ to be their ace. Chance of shut down = 0%

Ya, youre probably right.....and I didnt even really look at innings pitched. I just get a little paranoid having pitchers on teams that suck and have nothing to play for in September.

+19 pts. And the best part is that a scan of the full standings show that there are really only 5-6 pts at any sort of risk. So hopefully just staying engaged and not falling asleep under the spell of fantasy football should bring me home. I nearly made up 15 pts last Sept because the first place team put it in cruise control. Not happening here!

I am involved in a dog fight. It's a point league and I'm ahead by 90 points, but that's basically nothing. I spent most of the year between 4-5, until at the end of July made a move to climb to 2nd place. Just got to first around five days ago, but it seems it will be a fight until the very end. Pitching will likely define the outcome.

After enjoying a double digit lead for almost the last 2 months, my lead is down to 9. Only area of concern where i can slip and lose points is SB - why the f can;t Ichiro run more?! this is why i drafted you, moron!! B) . Now its "Come on Rajai Davis!!" sigh.

confident of hanging in there, but would have been nice to win by double digit lead :)

A week ago, I was in first place with a 30 point lead on the second place team (130 points out of a possible 140, in a 14-team 5x5 league) -- and I was still scared to death of the 2nd place team. Today I have a 25.5 lead, and I'm finally starting to relax a bit.

This is by far the biggest lead I've ever had in a roto league, and everyone is fairly active and competitive:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gle...e_standings.png

After spending the first two months of the season in the cellar of my 12 team mixed roto keeper, I've gone and back and forth between 2nd and 4th place all second half long up until Sunday. I finally past the guy who was in first all year and now have a 2 pt lead on him. With favorable piching matchups this week and some potential ground to be made up in virtuall all pitching cats, I hope to be up 5 or 6 points in the next couple of days....

OR my pitchers could get lit up and my offense take an early holiday and I fall back into second or third...the way this year has gone nethier outcome would suprise me!

I'm pulling away. As of two weeks ago, I was up 3 points. As of last week, I was up 7. Now I'm up 12.5.

My pitching staff, which had been a weakness all year is all on fire right now (I obtained: Lowe, Myers, and Johan at the deadline). I also picked up Josh Johnson a month ago. My offense has been exceptional all year, and if my pitchers can at least maintain, I'm a lock. There's a pretty big pack behind me in ERA/WHIP (those are the majority of points I've gained), and so I could lose a fair few points in the coming weeks, but I'm looking pretty good.

This is the third year of the league. I won the last two years as well.

After enjoying a double digit lead for almost the last 2 months, my lead is down to 9. Only area of concern where i can slip and lose points is SB - why the f can;t Ichiro run more?! this is why i drafted you, moron!! B) . Now its "Come on Rajai Davis!!" sigh.

confident of hanging in there, but would have been nice to win by double digit lead :)

he had 37 SBs last year and he's got 40 this year? what more did you expect really? :lol:

I'm out by 12 points in my roto league. I was much lower earlier in the season. My sudden rush happened in the last month by gaining about 9 points in saves from having 1 closer before to having 6 with all the injuries and job changes(broxton(traded away at the deadline), Hanharan, Grawbow(dropped now), Heilman(dropped), Wheeler, Rodney, Lewis)

My pitching staff all kicked in full gear. CC, Pelfrey, Lester, Lilly. This really kicked into gear since I was rotation quite a few pitchers before and well most sucked and put my ratios in really bad shape. But it starting to become stable.

I still have alot of ground to pick up in BA. I had to bench Dunn, picked up Winn and Byrd to hopefully push my BA up as I can gain about 6 points there very easily.

I'm pretty happy with my place considering I drafted quite a few busts with many of my early picks. Rollins, Rios, Chris Young were some of my early picks.

I am up 14 but check this out - 16 RBI separate me from losing 5 points. .007 in WHIP could cost me another. 2 wins and lose another 2 points. .003 of BA separates me from another point. 7 HRs from yet another and 4 Runs will cost me one more. Finally .12 of ERA is worth 2 more points and 8 SBs cost me 3. 3 saves and I lose 2 more points.

So - I could conceivable go from 1st with a 14 point lead to or even third in about a week. It will be an exciting finish.

I've got mine all but locked up. I started this league (12 team first-year keeper 6x6 with OPS and L) and am dominating. After hovering in the middle for April, I shot up and have been in first all but one or two days since April 30. My lead has gotten as large as 23 points and recently as low as 7. Now it stands at 17 and I think I'm set.

I had the first pick but hate A-Rod. I had to draft him but then made a package deal where I acquired Utley. Berkman was my second round pick. I used Byrnes and Mo Rivera to get Ryan Howard and Ichiro and Miggy T to get Dunn and Sherill. At one point during the season, I was in no lower than third in any category. Since dealing Ichiro, I'm now in 6th in SBs and have fallen to 6-7 in Ks and WHIP. But I lead or am in second in R, HR, AVG, OPS, W, L, SV, ERA.

I would say , but I don't want to jinx it.

I'd say that's a good idea. In the last four days, I've lost all six of those points I mentioned. Now it's down to 13. B)

I spoke too soon. I just about had this thing wrapped up...until CQ had to go and derail my season. With nothing on the wire, I gotta either stick with Brandon Boggs as CQ's replacement or trade for someone. The only safe bargaining chip I could part with is Soria. Its either hang tight and drop in OBP and RBIs....or deal Soria and drop in Saves. This blows.

Archived