NBC Sports Edge Forums

the final week is here

ssmarsh

Oh, well, you're good. No way you'll drop 7.5 points in three days. That's pretty unheard of. I started the week with a 93 to 87 lead. Now it's 89.5 to two teams with 86. Yipes. I fear I might be toast, as it's all pitching cats that are close, and I only have the following pitching games remaining:

Today: None

Saturday: Chris Young vs. PIT

Sunday: Shields @ DET, Lince vs. LAD

My closest competitor in the pitching cats (one of the second place teams) has the following:

Today: Lackey vs. TEX

Saturday: None

Sunday: Buehrle vs. CLE, Jurrjens @ HOU

Whatta ya think?

I hope you are right man, and I'd say you are in pretty good shape. The only real scary pitching matchup you have is potentially Detroit, and they've been throwing a minor league lineup out there the past few nights. As for your opponent, I'd say all three of his starts remaining look pretty shaky. I could potentially see at least two of those three getting lit up.

up by 8 points in my 5x5 roto league with three days to go.

I should be OK, but having Grienke's and Billingley's starts cancelled sucks. The weather knocking Arod out tonight ( I would assume) and Dice k - although I assume he will still get a start will hurt, but I think/hope I have enough of a lead to be ok.

In my AL only league, that ended the Sunday after Labor Day and I won.......... SWEET

GLTA

I'm worried that the weather is going to screw me over in all my championships.

Same here. I need a Dice W and his Ks. I need Victorino, Werth, and Milledge to steal bags. None of this is likely in wet weather. I may hit the wire.... High risk-high reward.

Ugggh the lead has trimmed down to 5 (96.0 - 91.0). It doesnt help matters that I likely lose Jeter, Polanco and Francisco Cordero for the final two games ethier.

Huge games for me today. I have my final three starts of the season today from Harang @ StL, Chris Young vs. Pitt and Vazquez vs. Clev. I have a chance to ethier gain 1 pt in ERA or potentially lose about 4 pts. in ERA and WHIP. Time to maintain boys!!! Make me proud Javy!

RBI and Runs have gotten close too thanks to half my team taking the week off (Jeter, Aramis, Soriano).

If I blow a nine point lead with ten days to play I'll quit roto bases forever!!!! B)

And on top of it, my once solid leads of 18 in RBIs and 22 in runs scored on Sunday have been whittled down to 11 and 12 respectively by the 3rd place team sitting at 89 pts!!!

haha I'm up by 2 now, 95 - 93 with Soriano, Aramis, Polanco, Jeter and Cordero locked into my lineup. The guy behind me just got gems out of Johan and Nolasco. Really need three quality starts and at the very least two wins tonight out of Harang, Young and Javy!!!

If I lose because Aramis and Soriano played all of two and half games this week, I wont be held responsible for my actions!!! B)

Woohoo! Back up to 96-92.

Anyone think my wife would care if I blew off her birthday dinner tonite so I can watch the Reds/Cardinals game on the internet???? B)

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! thank you TIMMAH and Braun. I barely hung on, he had Sabathia, Mussina, Baker, Price, combine for like 24 scoreless innings I'm still in shock over that. I had to take Lincecum off the bench to pull it out.

You're welcome B)

Oh well, great day, but I'll finish 2nd at around 96 pts in my 14 teamer. A total that has won me a few money leagues in the past. Of course, I'm still about 16 points back in this one. That's why you want active leagues boys and girls. Several inactive owners can make for some obscene point totals.

Gratz to Mussina and Saunders. Rarely do I have ww additions quite so good. Much less two in one season.

Ridiculous day. After Harang and Vazquez got shelled last night, my lead was down to two heading into today. Just when i think its in the bag around 6 PM, Brian Wilson comes into the game and gives up two hits right away costing me two pts in WHIP. After leading by 7.5 pts, I found myself trailing 93.5 - 93. Fortunately, he got the next three guys out and I managed to at least gain one whip pt back. Then the guy chasing me lost a pt in whip because of Tim Wakefield's solid start tonight. Right now I'm up 94 - 92.5 with pitching cats pretty much secured, although if Alexi Ramirez steals a base tommorrow and Joe Nathan pitches two 1-2-3 innings on Tuesday it might propel me into or near a tie.

Yeah all you rotisserie heads out there can bite me. This is just too much stress!!! B)

Archived