NBC Sports Edge Forums

ESPN Position Eligibility Question

Wizard of Boz

Hey guys, just a curious question if anyone can explain.

How does ESPN add a position eligibility to a player. For example, David Lee is not currently listed as a starter but will most likely be the starter at Center for the Knicks. Will ESPN add him as a Center and if so, when will they add it?

Just curious how they determine the eligibility of a player.

Sorry buddy, can't find it anywhere.

In yahoo, I think it is 5, but I have no idea about ESPN.

Even there they have always been kind of sketchy about it. Guys like Tim Duncan would be Center eligible even though he was clearly the PF with Nesterovic or Oberto there and other guys would be the only C option on teams and would never get that status.

Hey guys, just a curious question if anyone can explain.

How does ESPN add a position eligibility to a player. For example, David Lee is not currently listed as a starter but will most likely be the starter at Center for the Knicks. Will ESPN add him as a Center and if so, when will they add it?

Just curious how they determine the eligibility of a player.

I imagine it would say in the rules somewhere? I know Yahoo does 5 games of playing at a position before receiving elgibility. I imagine it would be somewhere between 1-5 games.

The Yahoo 5 is a baseball rule, there is no set number of games for basketball. They basically go by whatever Stats, Inc. has them listed as.

There's no set limit with Stats, Inc either. When D'Antoni first moved Amare to C and Marion to PF, they got their new eligibilities a month apart despite playing the same number of games at their new spots. The only thing noticeable about Stats/Yahoo is they're pretty reluctant to take a position away.

Archived